• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My shops new vinyl rack

I'm finally getting a little more organized. I wish I would have had the room to make each shelf 4' longer...

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 57

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now ya need to put your colors in order so it looks like a color wheel. :rock-n-roll: Racks look nice.

I took the vinyl avalanche in consideration, being that the door is on the adjacent wall. The shelves tilt toward the wall at a slight angel so I won't have any issues..

jfiscus

Rap Master
One will fall eventually and you'll come in with a floor full of muffed-up vinyl. We have our larger rolls on a smaller shelf near the floor, and inevitably once a month or so you come in and a bunch are on the floor.

If these are all smaller rolls, I would definitely recommend the wall racks that your suppliers sell. They're a bit expensive, but I've never had trouble out of them.

Putting them where you can read in the core helps you identify the correct color/material faster also.

Patentagosse

I have the room for floor racks so I bought 3 of 'em to manage my inventory. One side is full of premium 2mil. cast and the other side is for calendreds. As the rack's already full, I'm slowly building a fence all-around'em with new colors coming in :doh: I'll have to drop another +$300 for a new one soon:Oops:

(Can't work in messy office...)

Attachments

• PC110005 (Large).JPG
    PC110005 (Large).JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 66
  • PC110006 (Large).JPG
    PC110006 (Large).JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

jfiscus

Rap Master
Someone here had photos of one they made, I had them saved for a while but can't find them currently. It was a slick setup; kind of like a wall gun rack but taller.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have our 15", 24" and 30" on dowels or in boxes along one wall in our computer room. We have our top row of dowels loaded with 54 media not used very often. Our digital media we have standing up on those plastic stands along another wall. We're in the process of figuring out how to make it more convenient. We wouldn't normally be doing this, but the hurricane came down through the roof and almost made a mess. We got everything to high ground in time, but now where to re-locate it is on a back burner, since we have some really big jobs going on.

I'd like to have them on dowels, also, but I really can't afford the room that way.

Jeremy wants to put the vinyl in another room altogether and I think that would cause too many mistakes and handling problems.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here is the main vinyl holding station.......
vinyl storage-3.jpg

This one is where we keep scraps that have been cut into stripes of various sizes and lengths..... and circles
vinyl storage-1.jpg
This is where we keep test prints and short rolls of various digital media and some boxes of new media still in the box.
vinyl storage-2.jpg

Patentagosse

Well, I forgot to link pictures of my racks (post #10) so I edited my post to let you see 'em. In about 4' x 8' of floor space, my racks can store 180 rolls of 15"-20"-24". :omg:

In the print room (read my office...) I have +15 54" rolls and +20 30" rolls from my previous setup (SP-300). I'm gonna build something "wall-mounted" after the Holidays if work slow down.

Attachments

• PC110007 (Large).jpg
    PC110007 (Large).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 74
  • PC110008 (Large).jpg
    PC110008 (Large).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 71