• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My sons 1st Birthday - What do you think of our custom cake ?

ronl1975

I am no professional cake maker (Just a sign guy). We decided to make the cakes ourselves as a project, so whatcha think ? Its definitely harder than how it looks and everything is edible except for the red hat ! Oh and you can ignore the copyright banners and props (they didn't leave MY dining room ;) My son had a blast on his 1st birthday !

:birthday:

Attachments

• 100_0751.jpg
    100_0751.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_0752.jpg
    100_0752.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_0754.jpg
    100_0754.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 69

SignManiac

The kerning could be tighter on the letter spacing. What did you expect :)
great looking cake. Did you use RGB icing or CMYK!

ronl1975

Thanks fisheye and HAHA maniac.. Yeah I agree with the kerning :) I said the same thing when I finished it ! The fondant (icing) actually gets (glued) to the cake with water so unlike vinyl and water, it sticks as soon as you press it. Needless to say, It was a very interesting and fun project. We watched a lot of Ace Of Cakes (on the Food Network) and the Olfa knife, tweezers and Flexi came in handy making this cake. Never did we see them use such tools..

Si Allen

Now if yer sun wus a Redneck...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• redneck weddingcake.jpg
    redneck weddingcake.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 59
  • rednech cake.jpg
    rednech cake.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 50

acothran

Great job on the cakes. I'm a huge, lifelong Cardinals fan so anything that is recognizable as St. Louis Cardinals will get my vote.

Allen