• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My special offer to every Signs101 member. 10/14 thru 10/20/2020.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, besides being a good listener, you're also very observant. A very good quality in my opinion. Much more so than listening. You're aware of your surroundings and that could save your life sometime, seriously.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
As we have seen in the variety of comments, there are different ways to express the art of listening. The scope of listening is all in the mind of the thinker.

In this post, I want to emphasize the concept of making more money. That concept is so easy to misunderstand.

It starts by being a giver.
Quality listening is one of the most valuable gifts you can give to another person. In sign making, it could be a colleague, or a client. They will feel valued, that they are worth your time, and that you are interested in them.

It all contributes to your making more money and it does so in what is described as a soft skill.
Maybe think of it this way. Pay premium attention to get paid your premium price.

Much more to follow in future threads.

Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
For the record, she has a husband and one kid in college and a sophomore. She also has horses and by the looks of the hair, I mean shirt, she was wearing, she has a very hairy dog. Her purse was maroon, wallet was pink, both were dirty with lots of metal stud things. Hair was brown and stringy with streaks of grey, no makeup, hood up and mask on.

I could go on but I don't want to exceed my 20 seconds....
Come on spit it out. She came in and walked out, that's the story. I read all of that and didn't even pause the tv. I'm on to your tricks here ladies.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
A customer just came in..

My scenario today was an elderly couple. And it all started with an "Oh, I just gotta show you....". She, too, had the magic purse of doom...and kept pulling out one thing after another...hell-bent to give me a bit o'inspiration for her project. The old gent paced throughout the shop like a raccoon on speed, and I think my blood pressure resembled the NYSE stock ticker had Amazon been selling for a dollar a share.

My big break came when she promptly announced to her husband that she needed to be in search of a rest room...and fairly quickly.

Thank you Mother nature...I owe you...big time!

It took a beer and another full hour of them being gone before I could focus again.

JB

Last edited:

Chuck B

Riff Meister
You guys are hilariously entertaining...the only conversations I can follow (for more than 20 seconds)...without getting to my second "that's crazy" comment/thought....;)

Johnny Best

I like "no way" , "sweet", or "I can do that" after 20 seconds. I am sure Robert has some better ones,only 3 days left people.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I like Henry Fords approach to listening. I sell black cars, if you don't like it, get out. It worked well for him