• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Trouble with SAi............

Bogie

Getting into digital printing is getting cheaper & posts here are always lamenting the fact that this will bring an excess of competition...

Well, I've been "into" large format digital since about 1994...

Just not in the "sign" end.

how do they get away with sending temporary passwords for new units & saying warranty is up that should be applied from date of sale? Pro was that disc the one that came with the machine? we just got the 64" with the mutoh flexi disc but I also purchased flexi 8 pro so that is what is installed on my system. If this password locks up I think I am going to lose it.

Pro Image

how do they get away with sending temporary passwords for new units & saying warranty is up that should be applied from date of sale? Pro was that disc the one that came with the machine? we just got the 64" with the mutoh flexi disc but I also purchased flexi 8 pro so that is what is installed on my system. If this password locks up I think I am going to lose it.

Yes it was the DX bundled with my VJ 1204.............

The way I read it it was a one time mix-up............I wouldn't thing that all the Mutoh DX editions are screwed up...Just my luck I got the one that was.............

Just a mix-up at Flexi.....

GARY CULY

i just wanted to chime in ..doubt many will listen but ....i agree on isigns post about having to pay a bit more for good support ..whereever it is ..im in with tubelite company ...ive used the same salesman for 10 years now ,,all through the gerber omagas ,plotters ,,edge era and now on into the flexi8 mimaki show ..ive bonded with them and i get good support when i need it ..now i even though there semms to be a LOT of people visiting this board,theres a thousands that dont out there ,and they all have tools too ..we see on here the very,very small amount of people having trouble with programs and different tools ..out of thousands out there being used ...so one cat gets in a pickle and calls out a comapny with problems ,theres a thousands that are working fine ....it also seems by reding that a majority of problems surround a system that is patched together with all types of machines ,programs ,these add on programs that make it all talk to each other ...lotta things ,lotta confusion ,,lotta b.s. ....im no real smart cat but i know if you get a whole system that is "matched" to work together the problems will be less ....gonna have some no matter what ,,,,isign put a drawing on here once of his system in his shop ,i printed out and kept so when i get a deal where i need all that stuff im gonna have a pretty good idea of "what -hooks-up-to what" i just dont feel its fair to ANYcompany to get a bad rap on here cause of a few problems ....program ,printers,cutters,etc .i do think there trying also to help if they can ......one thing a person has to see here ,there selling waaaaay to many printers and programs without enough people to work on them ....you know how many MIMAKI printers alone are shipped and sold in the u.s.a. a month? heard from good source 500...thats a lot of printers! not counting all the other brands ...i bet theres 200-300 new shop trying to start up every couple months also .and they DONT have a clue so there burning up the tech lines along woth veterans .. not near enough trained people to work on them at ANY distributor...if you have a rep that you can talk to anytime ,,be grateful! o.k. im done ..hope i didnt make any one mad .just talkin

Bogie

Okay. I admit it. I'm ignorant about a lot of things. But this can't be THAT hard... Their tech had me lobotomize the software, and start over. That's generally not what I would do as the first choice of tech support, but hey... So it got reverted. STILL not working.

Monday, I'm going to drive the 45 minutes into town, and see what the vendor has to say. I'm going to get my neighbor to help me load all the mess into my van.

mark in tx

Have any of you ever called Microsoft for a problem with Windows?

Did they charge you for it?

Unless you have a certain license agreement with them, they will charge you.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Have any of you ever called Microsoft for a problem with Windows?

Did they charge you for it?

Unless you have a certain license agreement with them, they will charge you.

How does Microsoft's perfidious behavior justify SAI's?

Both are reprehensible in that they expect you to pay them so you can help them debug their product.