• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Name Of Font .........iam Tired Of Lookin At All I Have,,,,

OldPaint

got a name i can start with.............
5000 fonts is to many to visible search

Attachments

• sinclair_sign_ad.jpg
    sinclair_sign_ad.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 93

jdb

I'd say that's done by hand and used only on that logo, done at the time that logo was designed..... a long time ago.

OldPaint

PAY ATTENTION..........i never said that about FONTS..........i have said it about drawing STICK FAMILY hehehehehehehehehhehehehe

SignosaurusRex

I'm afraid you are going to have to do some work OP. The closest thing I have ever found.....which will require some stretching and editing skills is HAPPY CAMPERS originally from Nick Curtis (which is now a different font entirely). Here is a link to the original version. Its what I started with as a base font to edit some years back for a bunch of Petroliana Museum restoration and replication work. It may not be the closest....but It's what I chose at the time to work with.
http://www.1001freefonts.com/happycampers.php

Signguyno1

got a name i can start with.............
5000 fonts is to many to visible search

Should not be a problem. Break out the lettering quills, one shot and talent, paint and scan!

Font was hand lettered and screened back in the 20's I beleive.

Signguyno1

Here is a scan of page 507 of the American Type Founders Company, Specimen Book and Catalogue, dated 1923.
Close but some letters may require slight modifcation, not a problem for a sign writer.

Attachments

• img016.jpg
    img016.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 83

jnyreno

Allways bugs me when the drop shadow is at the top of the letters. Not a right or wrong, just the way I learned to letter. Benguiat and Bookman bold are similar.

jdb

For cryin out loud OP, ya got fruit flies in your speedos or something? Crack out a quill and get lettering, like the good old days. Should be lotsa fun!

OldPaint

got it handled, no problem, my question was.......NAME OF THE FONT............
other then that....its done.
i got the VECTOR.......of this logo...SOMEPLACE!!!!!! with all the CD's i got, FONTS, & GRAPHICS, somethings get
lost in the pile.
i have an "old" bunch a corporate logos............on a CD, SOMEWHERE..... i remember seein this one, and damned if i can put my hand on it.
3 DAYS AFTER IAM DONE WITH THIS...............i will find it))))))))))))))

OldPaint

thank you very much, i appreciate that. got r' dun..........
the globe is what i had to match.

Attachments

• Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 100

Signguyno1

Me too, it just doesn't look right for some reason.:Coffee:
You are right Dave, It is not correct!

The whole problem could have been taken care of by purchasing the correct decals (screen printed) or reproduction porcelain signs.
Complete list of suppliers are found at www.oldgas.com problem solved, if you are looking for perfection in the restoration of these artifacts!

But if you are looking for the cheap way out and not authenticity, go for cheap!:design::Oops: