• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Native American Font

MariaMartini

I have a customer who wants some vinyl letting in a Native American looking font.

Preferably a free font or something I likely already have.

Any suggestions?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I have a customer who wants some vinyl letting in a Native American looking font.

Preferably a free font or something I likely already have.

Any suggestions?

Hieroglyphics and curiously knotted strings. Indians, tomahawk not turban, were not much at written languages and even less at typography. Doubtful that there's any such thing as an indian looking type face.

Apropos of nothing; why is it that gringos refer to them as 'Native Americans' but Indians, feather not dot, refer to themselves as 'Indians'?

MariaMartini

Cool website Jillbeans! Yeah Papyrus was one of the only fonts I had that I thought was close, ugh, but I hate it too.

MariaMartini

Hieroglyphics and curiously knotted strings. Indians, tomahawk not turban, were not much at written languages and even less at typography. Doubtful that there's any such thing as an indian looking type face.

Apropos of nothing; why is it that gringos refer to them as 'Native Americans' but Indians, feather not dot, refer to themselves as 'Indians'?

I am... Indian (tomahawk).. not a lot thought so I guess I'm more "gringo." I used to always say "Indian" until people started thinking I was talking about "turban indians." Figured it would just be easier to you the PC term :p

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I am... Indian (tomahawk).. not a lot thought so I guess I'm more "gringo." I used to always say "Indian" until people started thinking I was talking about "turban indians." Figured it would just be easier to you the PC term :p

My great grandmother was full Chippewa, which means exactly nothing to me other than I could score some sort of tribal largesse if I were so inclined. I'm not.

If I were doing something with an indian flavor I'd probably gravitate towards Hobo or may be Mister Earl.

MariaMartini

Great suggestions. I ended up using Herculanum. It seemed to work well for what they needed.

Thanks for all of the help!

Much appreciated!