• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NBM Show in Charlotte NC

James Chrimes

Flying out on Wed evening to attend the sign show in Charlotte. Hope to see a few new things and do some networking. I won't be doing any of the classes just checking stuff out. Hope to see some of you there.

ams

I received this in the mail, however it's like $125 or something just to get in, they try to force you to spend $400 for hotel nights and everything.

I would go if it was just like $20 to get in and walk around to the vendors. So I decided I won't do it.

James Chrimes

Exhibits Only
FREE
when you register by October 20, 2010 and then $10 after the deadline. This gives you entrance into the Exhibit Hall on all three days. Entrance to the Exhibit Hall is always included with the Unlimited Seminar Package and Single Seminar registration options.
Went to www.nbmshows.com and went to Charlotte registrations. There is still time for you to change your mind. lol I will proberbly only attend Thurs. possibly Fri. for a short time. I want to check out Charlotte some.

CES020

Fayt, it's $10 to get in. That's all. It's a small show, so don't be looking for a huge amount of vendors. Hopefully it's better this year since they cut Baltimore out. Baltimore was the worst last year. I swore I'd never go to another one after that one.

AUTO-FX

i went to the ISA sign expo in orlando last february just to walk around the exhibits for a day. really glad i went-flew down in the early morning and flew home that evening. how do you think this show compares? i might do the same thing.

SAS

I have been 3 times, each year it gets smaller and smaller. They have more stuff for t-shirts and trophies than signs. If I was flying there I would start looking for other things to do and that's not hard to find in Charlotte. If you are staying near the convention center and like the nightlife Whisky River and Howl at the Moon is only a few blocks away at the EpiCentre. There is a lot of good bars in uptown.
http://www.charlottesgotalot.com/default.asp?charlotte=152

SAS

i went to the ISA sign expo in orlando last february just to walk around the exhibits for a day. really glad i went-flew down in the early morning and flew home that evening. how do you think this show compares? i might do the same thing.

It has been a few years since I have been to Orlando but I would say the area where the trucks are in Orlando may be bigger than the Charlotte show.

SAS

Small? from the picture it looks like about 3,000 people!

There is only 26 signs vendors that's about 2 aisle at the show, there is maybe 10 to 12 aisles total. I did not go last year Grimco was there in 08 they said that was going to be there last year I don't know if they went in 09 but I did not see them on the list this year. They have a location in Greensboro so Charlotte is there market. Advantage sign supply was there in 08 I don't see there name on the list.
You may like it, it's just my opinion and trust me it's not worth much. It took me three time before I said I would not go back.

CES020

As others have said, the focus hasn't been on signs. You'll see more about t-shirts, screen printing, and embroidery than you'll see for signs. Advantage seems to have stopped going to most of them. I ask the people when I pick up materials if they are going to the next show that's coming up, and each time, they tell me "no". So advantage has pulled from many shows, which is sad to see. If I'm looking for something, and advantage isn't there, then their competition will have my attention, which I would think would be a bad thing but I guess they don't see it that way.

For us, it's more of a "feel like taking the day off" trip rather than a "can't wait for NBM" trip.

Stealth Ryder

I just enjoy going to the Trade Shows, been to I think 8 this year... Go, Don't Go... Just don't hate on the folks who do... Again, I like em and as long as I can afford them I will keep going... Never know, just might find something new and exciting...

CES020

Stealth, I'm not hating on the shows, I enjoy going to trade shows too. Fayt is about 6 hours from it and I just wanted to make it clear, don't expect to show up and be able to spend 5 hours going through sign suppliers. Just a buyer beware thing.

I'll be there too, but I set my expectations low and work up from there. I always see one or two things that make the trip worth while.

If it's your first show, then it's worth going to.

There's also SignWorld in Atlantic City the first week or so in December. Same drive time from Charlotte to Atlantic City for us Virginia folks, and that one will be much more geared towards signs, but again, with the economy, it will be smaller than it has been in the past.

FrankenSigns.biz

I'll be there. Easy for me as we are located here in Charlotte. The local the economy, as well as our sales have picked up quite a bit over the past year. I would like to see that reflected in the number of suppliers and vendors at the show. We are looking very closely at adding a flatbed printer, direct to garment and possibly a CNC of some type.

James Chrimes

I always look for new avenues to add to what we offer and other vendors who can work with us to fill our needs. Even though I have found some of the seminars to not be for us, I think to some people they can be a great source of information. The business is changing quickly, we want to be leading the change not following. That is why I find the shows important.

WOODBS

Go to Fox and Hounds downtown, awesome place! Three stories of sports viewing, cool basement with your own bar, private rooms with leather couches etc..