• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a Designjet 8000s Tech

Eracer8

I purchased my 8000s New and have been very happy with this printer for 4+ years. I have recently run into an issue where it wont accept a light Cyan ink cartridge. I have never used aftermarket Ink, I thought I just had a bad cartridge and replaced it but that did not fix. I was referred to a tech that is a long way from us. Over the phone he had me replace the Ink Control Board(did not fix) then he said it must be the Main Board(did not fix), still have message Check 7 Lc INK CARTRIDGE. By depressing Down Arrow and X I can get in to menu, all other ink cartridges show levels and dates except the Lc cartridge it has ??/??/?? Really need someone who knows this machine! We are located just minutes from St Louis.
If you can help my number is 618-410-3144.:thankyou:

Freese

I purchased my 8000s New and have been very happy with this printer for 4+ years. I have recently run into an issue where it wont accept a light Cyan ink cartridge. I have never used aftermarket Ink, I thought I just had a bad cartridge and replaced it but that did not fix. I was referred to a tech that is a long way from us. Over the phone he had me replace the Ink Control Board(did not fix) then he said it must be the Main Board(did not fix), still have message Check 7 Lc INK CARTRIDGE. By depressing Down Arrow and X I can get in to menu, all other ink cartridges show levels and dates except the Lc cartridge it has ??/??/?? Really need someone who knows this machine! We are located just minutes from St Louis.

Try GrafxNetwork - 1.888.335.5914

Frank Morán

Hello Eracer8. Can you fix/repared your problem with the HP 8000s? I have the same problem, the same message and the same issue in the same cartridge haha... If you fix this problem, please tell me how, thanks a lot...

tbullo

Superunknown
My 8000 once didn't pick up a new cartridge installed as well. Come to find out it was that little black piece that covers the hole at the bottom of the cartridge. It slowly covers that hole as ink is used. If it is broke it will be easy to spot as it will swing back and forth freely. If it was broke and you slide it in the printer it reads it as empty. I was able to send the cartridge back as defective and got a replacement. Don't know if that helps any.