• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need A Flexi Walk Through For 8.5

vectorterrorist

Hi, I am trying to make a set of mx graphics. I have flexi 8.5 as myprint and rip program and I am new to large format printing.

I wanted to see if anyone would be kid enough to give me a step by step walk through how to use flexi to print and then cut the graphics.

When I design the graphics I have a layer for the actual design and then a layer above which I want to use for the cut line.

what I would like to do is to import both of these layers into flexi (keeping them seperate layers) and being able to tell the printer to print just layer one..and then have the plotter cut just layer 2.

Is this possible? Like I said I am new to using flexi but really would like t learn how to do this.

If this is the wrong steps..can anyone tell me what the right way to use felci to print the graphics then cut them would be??

Thanks in advance

thewood

In what software are you designing the art? You should be able to import you art in to Flexi, select the layer you wish to be the cutline, and use Effects>Contour Cut. RIP and print as usual. The printer will print the appropriate crop marks, etc.

vectorterrorist

In what software are you designing the art? You should be able to import you art in to Flexi, select the layer you wish to be the cutline, and use Effects>Contour Cut. RIP and print as usual. The printer will print the appropriate crop marks, etc.

I tried that..I imported a rear fender but when I go to effects then contour cut...it want to cut as a square around the fender..not follow the contour of the fender.

LittleSnakey

When you bring something in from illistrator into flexi you will first have to ungroup it. Then most likely you will have to unmask the object. once this is done you will be able to see all the items in the design editor. Find the path that you want for the cut line, select it then goto the arrange pulldown menu, contour cut, make contour cut.

Good luck, I hate using Illistrator files in flexi, alot of times I will save them as a high res jpg file and bring it into flexi like that and export the cut line as a older version eps file and bring that into flexi separately.

Hope this helps