• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a Little more Ink

timkaz227

Need a little help w/ adjusting a profile. I printing onto Sihl TriSolv PostArt Paper(6 mil Semi Gloss) w/ a roland Versacamm SP-540V w/Versaworks RIP

The paper has a subtle texture to it and you will sometimes see a little paper showing where the ink coverage isn't complete. Kinda like when your painting a wall w/ a roller and don't get good coverage. Any suggestions on how to just "beef up" the ink just a little.

timkaz227

It only does 1 pass, so I looked at doing 2 passes. It double the the ink consumption shown on versaworks. Is that going to make the ink real heavy on the print?

timkaz227

Well, I tried 2 pass. It laid down so much ink it was almost pooling on the media. Any suggestions? Please help.
:thankyou:

timkaz227

You are right! The profile is printing 16 passes. What other things can I try? I don't usually mess w/ the profiles. Would increasing the max ink limit help the issue? Right now the percentages are75c, 100m, 100y, 80k w/ 200% max ink limit.

Jack Knight1979

don't touch the profile unless you know what you're doing.

in color settings change raster from colormetric to perpetual. That will increase the saturation. If you're there already, try a different profile, or write your own.

If you're working on a vector based image, change the vector setting.