• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need a quick tip if possible...

mountainmang

i'm installing large 3 color graphics on a trailer that are 85 x 42. i've done plenty of large graphics but none this large that's a solid square...no separations in the vinyl anywhere.

my question is this...i did the back 2 days ago that was 60 x 40 and it looked a little rough. i misted it with rapid tac, squeegeed hard but there was still an inordinate amount of moisture left underneath. i'm sure it will dry but i would like it to look nicer from the get-go. i think this happened simply because the graphic was so large and 3 layers...just a lot of vinyl and nowhere for the moisture to go??

i do most things dry but i'm a little uneasy about trying such a large graphic dry....any suggestions??

PGSigns

What material? For something that big you will need two people and a stiff squigie. If it is regulat HP I would do it with a hinge and a little wet to prevent it from sticking to soon. The excess moisture is from not getting it down without missing spots as you go. I would use a 6" blade with velcro on the edge, can get good presure and it slides easy.
Jimmy

mountainmang

welp, i got the big mutha done...i think it'll be ok :thumb:

100_1853.jpg

100_1854.jpg

100_1855.jpg

100_1858.jpg

Craig Sjoquist

looks great A+...my neighbor had his same size trailer done lots of logos like yours ...lol lol and it looks like crap ... sure is nice to see how it should of looked .... of course he wanted done cheap ..and did not want to pay me to have done even as half as nice as yours lol lol lol
Thank You n enjoy life

Checkers

...misted lightly with rt2.
I would normally recommend the original Rapid Tac on this type of install and save RT II for glass.
Although the directions on RT II don't specifically state "soak the sh*t out of it", you need to apply a lot more fluid than a light misting. The purpose of the fluid is to act as a barrier between the adhesive and the substrate and prevent them from sticking them together before you squeegee it.
So, the next time you use eith Rapid Tac, spray enough fluid so the adhesive is totally covered. Even spray some on the substrate too. Once you got the vinyl where you want it, using firm pressure, squeegee out from the center of the graphic, pushing the fluid to the nearest edge. You better work quick though. RT II makes the vinyl stick real well real fast.

Checkers

imaSIGNr

Many corporate logos on there.......HMMMMMMM ?? I'm sure you've gotten permission from them all...

Last edited:

mountainmang

Many corporate logos on there.......HMMMMMMM ?? I'm sure you've gotten permission from them all...

nice try :rolleyes: the client got co-op'd for all of 'em...some of the vendors emailed me directly. if you have something to say to me then pm me and don't beat around the bush :thumb:

trakers

If I may be so bold (and take the 5th if you want to) but what kind of money could one expect to get paid for a job like that?

Big $$ I assume.

Oh, and it looks awesome. Scary as heck to this vinyl neophyte.