• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a vinyl that will withstand 150 degrees

shuv76

Hello , I need to know if there is a vinyl that will withstand 150 degrees and it will go on an open tank that has citrus acid in it. they heat the citrus acid up to 150 to clean copper headers with. during the weekend, it will be shut down and then started back up the next week. I need something that will last. They need instructions on the side of the tank for mixing procedures and they would like it put directly on the tank. Any help appreciated.,,Paul

Larry L

Avery cast I think is rated @ 180 deg F. Cast film is said to resist acid, like they use on semi trucks.

Checkers

Vinyl probably isn't the best way to go. Although just about any HP, cast vinyl can handle the temperature change, it probably can't handle the contamination.

Most adhesive removers are citrus based and are designed to ease the removal of graphics.

Checkers

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Couldn't you mount it to a plaque and hang it from the ceiling, so it doesn't come in contact ??

Also, if there is any food processing going on..... you can't let this stuff touch any food surface..... even in the cleaning stages.

jfiscus

Rap Master
what about reverse cutting/weeding it, then using it as a stencil to paint the info onto the container?

digitalwoodshop

In my opinion the best thing for this use is Stainless Steel plate and Laser Engraved with a product called Cermark that is like powdered glass. The Laser Melts the glass and fuses it to the Stainless and is used in Nuc Power Plants for Valve marking.

A Awards Shop in your area might be able to do it. Sub it out and you get a bullet proof product.

I know this is a Vinyl Forum but Stainless is the best thing for this. I do like the painting idea above too...

Attaching the sign.... That is another question.

AL

jfiscus

Rap Master
while vinyl may survive the temp, I would think that repeated heating & cooling will melt the adhesive off the back of it. I have seen newer cars with the airbag/rollover warning labels on the visors have the adhesive melt off of them after hot days & ruin the interior.

DRamm76

I agree with Digitial Wood shop. That would be a much more reliable option. Unfortunately, the final statement of his post was right out of my mind as well...attaching the sign would be a concern.