• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Need advice! affordable color printing sticker sollution (print and cut)

MadSilence

Guys! I seek your years of experience with different products and solutions.

We are a mini print shop equipped with a graphtec fc3100-120 and we now want to expand into full color stickers making.

The machines that can do both print and cut that I've seen are superduperWTF expensive=)

Does there exist any affordable alternatives ? I guess my old graphtec cant handle registration marks....

we tried the normal printer with letter sticker printing. but its too limiting.

We need a solution that can handle rolls. 24" rolls will suffice and perhaps even smaller. i guess the bigger ones are sooooo insane expensive=)

Need your help!!

PS: can be bought from china (as we are based in Norway US is not a requirement) =)

player

Buy a good machine and it will work for you. Buy a cheap China crap machine and you will not achieve your goals.

Others may know different. Good luck.

bilge

1. Norway is already superduper expensive place. lol.
2. Cheap is also has numbers, what's your budget?
3. There is no chinese printer which meet your requirement.
4. Roland SG 300 is more suitable for you imho.

Logoadv

Roland. There really is no good alternative to print / cut that I have seen. Get the biggest one that will fit in your shop and you can squeeze into your budget. You can always print smaller on a larger machine, but you can't print larger on a smaller machine. The moment one of your sticker customers also wants a 4' x 12' banner you'll be kicking yourself.

dale911

President
Mimaki CJV150 is a super high quality printer, but the downside is that it is slow going as a cutter compared to my Graphtec. Also, If you want to cut on the Mimaki, you have to use the included RIP, but if you want to cut on the graphtec, you use illustrator to setup the art with graphtec marks and then use Illustrator to cut the printed graphic. When I run short run or simple decals, I run it on the Mimaki, but if it's going to be complex, such as a lot of cut letters and things, It may take 20 minutes to cut 100 decals out so I run them on the graphtec and have them in 3-4 minutes. When Mimaki is running specials, you can get one for under 10k.