• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need another plotter

tintgirl2000

I have had a summa d60 for over 10 years. Absolutely love it. I am looking for another plotter to just have at home for smaller fun things. I would love another d60 but as you all know they dont make the d60 any longer and cannot find any used ones as I would never sell mine either. Can anyone tell me what would be a good 24" plotter that would work with corel draw that would be a good extra plotter. I see so many out there but only have experienced summa. Thanks for your help!

OldPaint

i can tell you all about ROLANDS & COREL.......its all i have ever had. and i cut direct form corel, nothing else needed.

FatCat

Realize that if you MUST have a Summa D60, they will likely be few and far between.

Try searching under searchtempest.com which is a broader search engine for Craigslist. Use your own zip code and expand the radius to 500 miles. I just did and saw one over in Pittsburgh for $1100 with Signlab software.
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/sys/2817511908.html

If used ones are going at or near $1000 I would just opt for a new one to upgrade for the shop (tax write off, warranty, etc.) and take the old one home for hobby use.

showcase 66

I picked this up two weeks ago from Signwarehouse via Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Sign-Warehous...1?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1331145374&sr=1-1

Not the high end model but something I could have in our laundry/wifes craft room. The only drawback is that it is a stepper motor so it is a bit noisy. I got it because my 8 year old wants to help out a lot more but I dont really want him to mess around with my regular cutters.

All in all, I would keep it around here for small decals if needed.

Just throwing it out there.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I picked this up two weeks ago from Signwarehouse via Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Sign-Warehous...1?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1331145374&sr=1-1

Not the high end model but something I could have in our laundry/wifes craft room. The only drawback is that it is a stepper motor so it is a bit noisy. I got it because my 8 year old wants to help out a lot more but I dont really want him to mess around with my regular cutters.

All in all, I would keep it around here for small decals if needed.

Just throwing it out there.

Dude, I saw that on ebay from signwarehouse with a bunch of materials and software for about the same price. saw it today in fact.

showcase 66

Dude, I saw that on ebay from signwarehouse with a bunch of materials and software for about the same price. saw it today in fact.

Ya I saw it on Ebay as well. It came with some vinyl, tape, software, couple license plates, small coro blanks, and some other things I think. Works pretty good for smaller run things and so far has been pretty easy for my son to work.

ooodsie

My D60 print head just died.. and it'll be $450 to replace it. I am toying with just selling it as-is on ebay or craigslist, and then buying a cheapie from signwarehouse like the one posted above to replace it. We don't do a lot of cut vinyl business anymore, so I think a stepper motor would be fine for me. Let me know if you have any interest before I post it. Also, for those who commented on the signwarehouse model - do you feel it would be adequate to cut approx 2-3 yards of vinyl per day?

Craig Sjoquist

Bought a Signwarehouse model Chinese cheapy but not $250 cheap
That is great for light and med cutting time.
Though I rather have a Graphtec or Roland, Summa