• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Cutter Recommendations!!

AcelloArt

The finalists...

Many thanks, again!! Techman, I am definately not coming here to find affirmation of going cheap. But I also don't want to go overboard and buy way more than I'll ever need. Thank you for giving me the scoop...I'll take it to heart. But I just can't float the $3,000 to buy the D-60 SE.

So now I've dwindled my options to two models, I think:

Summa D-60

Graphtec CE3000-60

It's a tight race, surely. But I'm feeling like the Summa might win out. The Graphtec package from Signwarehouse.com is sure alluring, though. The information everyone has provided has been greatly appreciated and very enlightening!

Kevin T

Either one is a good choice so don't drive yourself crazy. Which ever one has the best deal go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed whichever one you choose between these 2.:smile:

Decal_Designs

Let me tell you about my D60.

To make a long story shorter, I ended up buying a used one off of eBay and had a slight problem with it. The previous owner had installed a motor pulley upside down. I don't know why. Anyway, I called Summa tech support to find out more about it. They asked for my serial number. I told them I bought it used on eBay. They registered my serial number, helped me as though I bought it brand new from them, and said, "it has the Summa name on it. You get free support for life"

Well, that was great.

If I were buying another cutter, I'd probably just go ahead and get a refurb from Summa.

If you have a little more money, get a new D60 with a nice starter package included. i.e. software, vinyl, tools, clip-art etc.

As a side note, don't forget that you can cut scraps with a friction fed cutter as opposed to a track drive.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I use a D60 for mobile use (Outdoor markets etc). It bounces around in the trailer, lives in extreme weather, gets full of dust and has been knocked over more times than I can remember. I have not had one problem with it. It is bulletproof. I also have a D610 that has been running since 93 with 0 problems.

I have nothing but praise for Summa.

Color Dude

Get the Panther 24 AKA Jaguar III" They are coming with the Optical Eye for contouring, granted, Scanvec Amiable is working very closely with GCC to get the drivers lined out, once this issue is addressed fully, you will have a very awesome plotter that will last for years to come. Very good workhorse plotter, and well worth the money.

WVB

Reads to me like you have already made up your mind Thumper. You conscience is telling you to go with the CE3000 however if I were to buy a Graphtec it would FC series only. Budget wise I understand your decision, in any event whether you choose to go with a Roland, Graphtec, Summa, or even a Panther you will not regret it one bit.
049.gif

seaviewsigns

i have the CE3000-60... works great and easy to use... would have bought an FC series if i knew how fast the business was going to grow, but i am happy with it.

cory

hambone

sorry for the ignorance, but do the summa sign pro sl t750's print in full color as well as plot & cut? can they cut by themselves without printing? does this machine do well cutting alone and printing on to magnetic material?

Last edited:

WVB

hambone - Do a simple search with say google for summa sign pro sl t750 and the first link will be a closeout on this 30" plotter only. This plotter utilizes true tangential cutting not simulated like most others. Also do a search for Summa DC3 and all your answer shall be received.
676.gif