• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need fonts id, please

imaSIGNr

I am helping an old timer with a scale model on a Bucyrus-Erie 15-B excavator.He completely builds these kinds of things from scratch, no directions, just an old circa 1947 operator manual.
I am making the decals. I'd like to know what the two fonts are here. I realize they may have been modified. Anything close will do in this case.
Thanx...imaSIGNr

Attachments

• bucyrus-erie 2.jpg
    bucyrus-erie 2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 132

SignosaurusRex

Tough to tell, however I'd build the "BUCRUS" starting with Copperplate Gothic Heavy and some node editing. The "ERIE" could be done the same using Bookman Extra Bold or something along those lines. Now you've got my curiosity up. Think I'll do some searching on that myself.

Jillbeans

"Erie" kinda looks like it's from Atkinson.
Actually Bucyrus looks like an Atkinson Egyptian in a bolder style.
Love....Jill

S

Sign-Man Signs

Jillbeans,
Ran it through our font recog program, but no match. If you were going to do a bunch, think I'd have Vector Doctor do me a vector job on it.

Jillbeans

Here's a demo using FHA Round Block and Egyptian Bold, which are Atkinson alphabets available thru The Fontry.
Close but no cigar!
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 77

imaSIGNr

I'm making only 5 of these for this one item. I'm just doing it for the guy. He helps me out. Plus he will take this to shows and let me put my logo on He rebuilds antique engines etc. He's a very crafty fella. Since my last post he came back with some more stuff. A t-shirt and the whole machine. I had to take some pics of it cause it is so cool. This thing is completely hand made ( not from a kit ). Parts are all machined or made from something that just worked. It is fully operational. w/servo motors. Home made remote control box. Tracks are made from timing chain from 1943 FORD engine.
Also have better pic of type faces from t-shirt.
Thanx for all replies...I will check out leads. I did not find anything at brands of the world and could not get good enough image scanning, I will recreate it though if I can't get good enough fonts. It'll just take a bit more time
.....Check this out

Attachments

• bucyrus erie 15-B 4.JPG
    bucyrus erie 15-B 4.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 81
  • bucyrus-erie3.jpg
    bucyrus-erie3.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 75

imaSIGNr

Here's a demo using FHA Round Block and Egyptian Bold, which are Atkinson alphabets available thru The Fontry.
Close but no cigar!
Love....Jill
That's close on the bucyrus Jill.I can work that "C" to look like a hook. The erie doesn't work though. You can se from my last post a better image.....Thanx