• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEED HELP DECIDING. UV PRINTER OR INKJET

balstestrat

Problem Solver
There isn't many flatbed + R2R machines out there. it's either one or the other.
And if it was a dual use machine, you'd opt for the more flexible ink.

For example, we have samples from the swissqprint nyala 3.
one was a 100gsm poster paper. scrunched it up with minimal cracking.
You forgot hybrids and there's quite a few out there. EFI, Durst, Agfa etc etc.

Once again, if you wanted to do all sort of jobs and materials on one machine, you will end up sacrificing some aspects by selecting a set of ink. You win some and lose some but can't have it all.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You forgot hybrids and there's quite a few out there. EFI, Durst, Agfa etc etc.

Once again, if you wanted to do all sort of jobs and materials on one machine, you will end up sacrificing some aspects by selecting a set of ink. You win some and lose some but can't have it all.
Keeping in context of OPs thread.
it's a simple solution.
UV R2R... flex inks.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
How many UV printer offer multiple flexible inks?
There's usually 1 of each. maybe an in-between.

Not hard to get samples and make a decision.
Many and I already gave my example. But I give up Pauly, it seems pointless to continue. I didn't come up with those inks after all, you can find them from the manufacturers.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
Hello ALL!

Currently new here and have couple questions.
1. Currently have a Roland Eco-Solvent Wide Format Printer. Looking to uprade.
Not sure wheter to go head towards UV printing or Inkjet Printing.

What I Do Mainly
-Lots of Banners
-Large Stickers for window Install
-Small Decals here and there
-Partial Car Wraps
-Mesh Stickers
etc

Please let me know which route to go and if you HAVE ANY PRINTERS YOU RECOMMNED I TRULY THANK YOU
DRYING TIME is a +

Thank You ALL!!
I think UV Roll Printer would be right fit for you, UV inks are very versatile and would work on multiple applications. I was not very please with Roland UV roll printers though. You should checkout Efi, SwissQ if you are looking for something super fast. If you are looking for an upgrade for the Roland checkout Stratojet they have a hybrid and roll option or Mimaki roll printers both are good options.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I think UV Roll Printer would be right fit for you, UV inks are very versatile and would work on multiple applications. I was not very please with Roland UV roll printers though. You should checkout Efi, SwissQ if you are looking for something super fast. If you are looking for an upgrade for the Roland checkout Stratojet they have a hybrid and roll option or Mimaki roll printers both are good options.
Here he is.
Im surprised you didn't plug stratojet and mentioned other brand printers for the first time.

Bazzer

Get the HP Latex 365.
These are reliable and you do not see complaints with them.
I have a 560 and the 560 is horrible for the quick One Off jobs, But when my production ramps
up I ink 2 rolls per day. I could get 3 rolls, but after inking 2 full rolls, I want it to cool down.
The 3rd roll would be an overnight rip. That is what the 560/570 series does best.

Colorfast note:
On the big jobs I am loading 1J 180 cv3, the inks are the 831A, and then I move to Laminate with 8519.
after 12 years in the west sun we see a 3-5% color wash out...
Removals are doable.
The 7 year removals are a breeze.

Solvents Eco Solvents I would just Avoid Period.

Solvents require an 24 hour off gas minimum and I will not move to cut
in less than 30 hours.

Latex has no wait.
No Fumes, Low Heat, Low consumable cost.
Print heads are recycled and about $135 per head. Capping station wiper station are in 1 cartridge
that cost $145. these are user changeable and the printer does auto align.
No Solvents, but if you need to IPA alcohol does the job.

Do your homework. you will not find a better printer for the money. Its a very reasonable price.
I think Grimco has a Demo Room

For Now Avoid the White ink printers.. Join the HP Latex Group on Facebook.
It is honest group and if there is a complaint on any printer you will see it there.

I could continue,, but why?

Also, these pair up beautifully with Flexi, and running under color correctiion PMS Colors are
right on the money. There are a few PMS Colors that are iffy, but only a few and you can work your way around that.

Cheers!
We run less than you. We are running a pair of 360’s which have been great work horses.
Yes we have had several worn part issues but after 28k of print you expect a few.
To print and Lam straight away saves so much time and money.
Upgrade is fast approaching we don’t need the large tanks as our runs are shorter.
What are your thoughts on newer Latex HP large formats people?

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
We run less than you. We are running a pair of 360’s which have been great work horses.
Yes we have had several worn part issues but after 28k of print you expect a few.
To print and Lam straight away saves so much time and money.
Upgrade is fast approaching we don’t need the large tanks as our runs are shorter.
What are your thoughts on newer Latex HP large formats people?
For what I have heard the new HP's are not so great compared to the 360's and 365.