• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help editing a .eps and .jpg with X3

rm25x

Ok I need to remove a line of text on a .eps file, but it only lets me select the whole thing. How do I make it so I can select certain parts of it?

Also how can I edit specific parts of a .jpg image? I have a .jpg one that when loaded into X3 loaded as different colors then it shows in any other program that I need to fix as well but it won't let me select just certain parts of it.

Thanks in advance.

Shovelhead

Ok I need to remove a line of text on a .eps file, but it only lets me select the whole thing. How do I make it so I can select certain parts of it?

Also how can I edit specific parts of a .jpg image? I have a .jpg one that when loaded into X3 loaded as different colors then it shows in any other program that I need to fix as well but it won't let me select just certain parts of it.

Thanks in advance.

Arrange/Break Apart (ctrl+K) or hit F10 to access the Shape Tool, select the nodes of the line of text and Delete them.

GARY CULY

careful not to UNCOMPOUND...it is different than UNGROUPING...
uncompounding will separate the small pieces of one group that are inside of a vector shape, as "the center of an "O" the outside line and inside line are two separate pieces compounded together..to work on the inside piece of an "o" as an example,,you would need to UNCOMPOUND it ....
this was very hard for me to understand when first started .it is an important part of building vector things

rm25x

That logo is all set now, I ungrouped, removed what I needed to remove, then re-grouped.

Now the .jpg...

The first is how corel is opening it for me.
The second picture is what its supposed to look like.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• hh logo corel.JPG
    hh logo corel.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 62
  • hh logo correct.JPG
    hh logo correct.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 54

rm25x

careful not to UNCOMPOUND...it is different than UNGROUPING...
uncompounding will separate the small pieces of one group that are inside of a vector shape, as "the center of an "O" the outside line and inside line are two separate pieces compounded together..to work on the inside piece of an "o" as an example,,you would need to UNCOMPOUND it ....
this was very hard for me to understand when first started .it is an important part of building vector things
Ah good to know, thank you.

rm25x

Actually it looks like not just corel opens that file in that color. Only my e-mail opens it with the orange. Guess I need to find out what color is correct.
Thanks guys for the help.

signage

Go to this thread and read I posted a link to a Corel Color Management book by a seasoned professional on Corel's Color Management!

Ken

If you have Photoshop you could use the magic wand to change the colors easily.
You could also use the trace feature in Corel X3 to vectorize the text (if you dont have the font) , edit the nodes ad nauseum ,then make any color you wish.
Cheers!
Ken

knifemaker3

This ain't what your wanting to hear probably but I think you'll have to manually trace it to get it vectorized and cleaned up. Otherwise, your going to have so many scattered pixals it will be crazy.

Easiest way I've found to trace is with the bezier tool. When you make a new node keep your left mouse button pressed and move the line to curve it to the shape desired before letting go of the left button. Makes it much quicker. Also go to options, display, and click on enable node tracking.

Should'nt take too long to clean it up and then you can change the colors as needed as you will now have a vector shape.

At least, that's how I'd do it with the pic you posted. I copied it into x3 and it didn't have enough detail to do anything with when trying to convert it.

Maybe someone else has some ideas. As for me, I'd redraw it.

This guy at advancedartists.com has a lot of great tutorials and dvds on working with corel. It's geared more for screenprinting, but well worth the time to buy his power training dvd for the money.

Good luck!