• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help finding storage container

Mr. Signboy

I’m having some trouble sourcing some storage specific storage containers and figured this would be a good place to ask for advice. I have a few clients with 100+ vehicles that are getting rebranded. The vehicles come in 3 or 4 at a time periodically when they are able to take them out of the field for a day or so. The graphics are just door logos, taglines, and truck numbers/dot numbers. I try to make them in batches whenever I’m using that material or when I have spare time so I just have them ready to go when they show up ( most of the time we get very little notice and don’t always know how many will arrive, so it’s nice to have a lot of kits prepared). Storing these kits around the shop is a pain, they get moved around, mixed up, damaged etc…. I’m trying to find some bins to store them in, ideally something like a thin Rubbermaid container. I can’t seem to find any that are bigger than 20”x45” ish. So any of you know where I could source larger containers, preferably with lids so they can be taken out in the field if needed. I’d like them to be thin so they can be stored under our work tables. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

jfiscus

Rap Master
We store our "ready to install" jobs in the heavy duty cardboard tubes that banners come in. (cut in half). We also have a couple larger shelving units that we custom built to store flat graphics in that area.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
super strong magnet on a steel door. i have those install magnets and store them on the back of our showroom-to-shop door, so if i have large bits of vinyl that aren't for the job im working on, i'll just toss them on the door and use the magnets to hold.

could do something similar with a steel strip on a wall

Mr. Signboy

Last edited:

Mr. Signboy

We think alike, this is exactly what I was going to post!
I do that for short term storage, or if I send guys on an install, I’m looking for a way to store hundreds of kits at a time and to be able to throw them in a truck to install onsite.

Mr. Signboy

super strong magnet on a steel door. i have those install magnets and store them on the back of our showroom-to-shop door, so if i have large bits of vinyl that aren't for the job im working on, i'll just toss them on the door and use the magnets to hold.

could do something similar with a steel strip on a wall
That’s funny you say that, I just installed a bunch of steel strips along the walls here, Ive already out grown them though. They also don’t work well if the stacks get too thick, which is what is happening.

Mr. Signboy

+1 for coroplast portfolios. Cheap, effective, keeps corners from lifting, mostly keeps out humidity, and if you make it close to the correct size, you can pack a ton into one and tip it on edge without everything sliding/piling into a mess. If you're looking at literally hundreds of kits, make 10 or so of these, write the quantity on each, and load those onto a small pallet for loading/moving. No real need to carry the full set of stock to job site anyways, right?
Not really, 10 or so would be fine to take out there. I guess I’ll just make some boxes out of coroplast, I have all the tooling for the Zund to make nice ones, I was just hoping for something stronger and more permanent. Thanks!