• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help, Ink Recharge Mutoh 1624X

Drucker

Picked up a used 1624X a bit ago, originally had a subtank refill error (resolved), so it sat unused for an unspecified amount of time.

Prior to the head cleaning, we replaced the maintenance station and cleared or replaced all the associated drain lines. That did not change anything.

Test prints were really bad so sent the head out for cleaning. According to the folks who cleaned it, the results were good.

So just received the head back and reinstalled it, now can’t get the ink to fill. Lines look empty for about 3' back from the dampers. While the head was out for cleaning the lines were capped so little to no ink escaped that way.

Ran the “Normal” charge command several times and it seems to do nothing. Can someone give me some hints as how to jump start the ink feed?

New to Mutoh repair, so please be descriptive with your answers if possible.

netsol

use a tapered syringe from solventinkjet

or one of these

this might be the best $16 you ever spent

MANY (not all) of the places that offer head cleaning/refurbishing are NOT REPUTABLE

we often go through the trouble to send to vlad, who invented the printhead doctor, (he is in canada) although we have a chinese knockoff of his machine

the cleaning process works better if it is done BEFORE you actually need it, and it can be a lesson in futility

Drucker

use a tapered syringe from solventinkjet

or one of these

this might be the best $16 you ever spent

MANY (not all) of the places that offer head cleaning/refurbishing are NOT REPUTABLE

we often go through the trouble to send to vlad, who invented the printhead doctor, (he is in canada) although we have a chinese knockoff of his machine

the cleaning process works better if it is done BEFORE you actually need it, and it can be a lesson in futility
Thanks for the wisdom!

So the procedure would be to remove each of the ink lines from the top of the dampers and then gently pull the ink back through the line until the air has been purged. Do I have this correct?

unmateria

If ink doesnt go to dampers in any of the lines... You have air on the system. Probably is just the cleaning station. Since its new i assume is ok. You have to adjust printhead height acordly and sometimes does involve lot of time to get it. With a little charge you should ser if it works or not. If ink moves, the cleaning station works, but if ink returns even just a little after the charge, u have to look dampers at dampers and o-rings on the tubes. Wet them on ink before installing them. If they are not perfect, replace them. I suggest buying original or good ones... Not that aliexpress/diggiprint ones. Is better u use a syringe from the pump tubes so no ink credits are wasted in the card and u can control the process much better. Ok, lets fill those dampers that way and tell us if it later prints or not because usually other problems can appear after all those changes. In all the process, be extremely careful with the flat cables or ink spills. And if u suck with the syringe, suck it little... Just enough to pull ink the slower you can. If ink returns or you need to suck very hard to move ink, you need to solve the air problem first.

netsol

Thanks for the wisdom!

So the procedure would be to remove each of the ink lines from the top of the dampers and then gently pull the ink back through the line until the air has been purged. Do I have this correct?
IF LUCK IS WITH YOU...
you may simply remove the line going to the "cleaning pump" for want of a better term & pull from all inks evenly

be VERY CAREFUL REMOVING THE LINES they can be fragile like your grandmother's christmas ornaments

I PREFER the vacuum pump to the syringe (order a couple of those syringes, you will be glad you did!) for this operation, if you don't get all the air in one pull, the ink can "pull back" very frustrating

i just had an issue with pulling black ink on one of our Circa 2006 rolands & without the vacuum pump we would still be playing with it