• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help install question

EbsWeb5150

Looking at a 4ft. x 10ft. Alupanel sign. Going to use a SignComp Frame
to slide the Alupanel in. Just wondering how I'm going to install the sign and frame on the vertical Aluminum siding. (see attached pic)

Attachments

• ComptonPressSign_4x10.jpg
    ComptonPressSign_4x10.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 89

J Hill Designs

no pic, but usually with signcomp frames, you attach 3 sides to the building, slide the sign in, and secure the fourth sign as instructed

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hate to tell you this, but if that's what you are proposing.... the address numbers make your sign look somewhat out of place.

You might want to keep the further apart and go with something more like this.........
compton .jpg

Mosh

If that were my place NO WAY would I want you to drill holes in that standing seam siding! You better get it in writing that it is alright to do or you are going to be buying some expensive siding.

EbsWeb5150

What would you recommend Mosh? I was thinking a 4ft.x 10ft. sign comp frame or a
2ft. x 10ft. sign comp frame. Cant be lorger than 10ft. WHAT ARE THE PROBLEMS
with seem siding? Please elaborate.

Mosh

We first off it is high dollar to replace. When this tenant moves out there will be a bunch of holes in it. Not saying not to do the job, just be sure the landowner knows what you are planning to do. Not like drilling into brick mortor that can be patched.

Also DO NOT lean a ladder against it, most are false fronts and could cave in with the weight, or at least scratch real easily.

Standing seam siding is good stuff, but high dollar.