• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help on new logo idea

Extreme Graffix

I am trying to design a logo for my sign bisiness. I had to change my name and my new name is Visual Concepts i have just had a brain freeze on any ideas on a logo. I had a few ideas but cant find one that really stands out.This is a friends idea i dont really like it but i was stuck so i went with it.

Attachments

• new sticker.jpg
    new sticker.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Extreme Graffix

I know im just stuck like i said a friend came up with this and since i didnt have one yet i just used it. I dont like it at all. my last one was really awesome but since i was forced to change it came up with the new name just cant figure out a logo.

signmeup

Post your last logo before you changed the name. It may be possible to use some portion of it for a new logo.

Jillbeans

OK thanks (I think) for loading a pic.
:)
The name has a lot of potential, far better than the old Extreme thing.
But I was always told not to arch a casual letterstle, and also not to use two casuals in the same layout.
If you want to be cutting a lot of boyracer stuff, use the skull thing.
If you want to make some money from more serious clients, go for a more upscale look.

Extreme Graffix

Thats the problem i dont have it i was forced to completely turn over everything i had it on. If i had a business card i had to turn it over.Its a long story.

SignManiac

If you must use a skull in the design then use one that's recognizable. The one you show here looks more like a broken sanddollar shell with eyes. It's not working as is.

Extreme Graffix

Thanks jill,
Your idea is what i am wanting and trying to come up with. Your good though at identifying things. I lettered a racecar which i hate doing and the driver was an artist and drew this up for me to put on his car. So it was a racing thing.

Extreme Graffix

thanks signmaniac,
Thats my problem i dont like the skull thing at all.Not a big skull person for anythingl.I just had to change my name in a rush and since i didnt have a logo yet the guy put this together so i could use it until i got one designed.

Jillbeans

Here are the first two things I thought of.
The bottom may be too much like a sign for an optometrist.
:design:
But with visual I am thinking of an eye in there somewhere.
Neither of these is very upscale, however.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 73

SignManiac

What is your primary line of work that you sell, who are your mainstay clients? You should identify that before you can come up with a good logo. Glad you're willing to scratch the skull theme.

Extreme Graffix

i was going to put visual advertising under it but i was afraid people wouldnt know i was in the graphics biz. But i do anything from basic yard signs to billboards. Alot of vehicle graphics and alot of screen printing.

Jillbeans

Really like that one, signmeup. Clever.
You could also take that and make a flying eyeball out of it, but I think that idea is used to death. Might be too scary too.
hahaha