• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Need Help Please No black ink Mutoh 1324VJ

Melissa Keuhs

I have a Mutoh 1324VJ. I did a head wash and now there is no black ink going from the cartridge to the print head. Can anyone assist me on what could be the problem. I am not real knowledgeable and all of these threads have me utterly confused. Tried finding a service tech in my area and their aren't any. Is it possibly a damper or am I just confusing my self

Attachments

• 257634949_457019419183852_1754917417791764157_n.jpg
    257634949_457019419183852_1754917417791764157_n.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 244

thezigman

Sign maker near Chicago
theres a solenoid that activates 4 check valves in the back of the printer. this is what stops the printer from sucking air when you change cartridges. Possibly the black valve is bad.

David40

This might be a dumb question, but a head wash uses a considerable amount of ink as opposed to a simple cleaning. Are you sure your black cartridge wasn't near empty and you just sucked it dry?

Melissa Keuhs

This might be a dumb question, but a head wash uses a considerable amount of ink as opposed to a simple cleaning. Are you sure your black cartridge wasn't near empty and you just sucked it dry?
Not a dumb question at all. I wish that was it the ink is brand new. The ink goes to the solenoid then half way to the print head then nothing until about 3 inches above head. Did a long clean and now just half way thru the tube then nothing else to print head. Could it be air in the line? If so how do i remedy? Hope that all makes sense and hope someone has a possible remedy.

David40

Well, last time I replaced my head all the ink siphoned back to the cartridges, so I pulled the tubes off the dampers and used a large syringe to suck the ink back into the lines. It's a bit tricky since it splits into two lines so you must plug the one that's not connected to the syringe. Then I connected the lines back onto the dampers and had to run a dozen cleanings to get the ink coming out of the head. I've worked on my priner so much that I just leave most of the covers off. Makes cleaning and repairs much easier.

Melissa Keuhs

Well, last time I replaced my head all the ink siphoned back to the cartridges, so I pulled the tubes off the dampers and used a large syringe to suck the ink back into the lines. It's a bit tricky since it splits into two lines so you must plug the one that's not connected to the syringe. Then I connected the lines back onto the dampers and had to run a dozen cleanings to get the ink coming out of the head. I've worked on my priner so much that I just leave most of the covers off. Makes cleaning and

Melissa Keuhs

Great and can you possibly explain how I pull the tubes off the damper I can not find instructions for this. I know I sound like an idiot but this is the first time I have had to work on my printer. I would have called out a technician but apparently they do not exist in my area.

Last edited:

heyskull

Great and can you possibly explain how I pull the tubes off the damper I can not find instructions for this. I know I sound like an idiot but this is the first time I have had to work on my printer. I would have called out a technician but apparently they do not exist in my area.
The damper have a brass fitting on them and they just unscrew by hand.
There should be a small rubber seal that seals the line.

SC

Melissa Keuhs

The damper have a brass fitting on them and they just unscrew by hand.
There should be a small rubber seal that seals the line.

SC
Is this the right thing that I am looking at. There are no brass screws.

Attachments

• 16377643887306548788072278114800.jpg
    16377643887306548788072278114800.jpg
    720.1 KB · Views: 116

heyskull

Yours is the later dampers with the plastic fittings.
They should just unscrew the same.
If you have a new damper you will see it is threaded.
You can see the green 'O' ring.

SC

Melissa Keuhs

Yours is the later dampers with the plastic fittings.
They should just unscrew the same.
If you have a new damper you will see it is threaded.
You can see the green 'O' ring.

SC
Okay thank you I have new Dampers arriving Friday I will look at those before I try and take these apart. Appreciate all the assistance.

David40

In retrospect... after I replaced the head I probably should have just performed a "Flush" which is what happens when you get a new printer. They have cleaning solution in the lines and the flush uses ink to flush the cleaner out of the lines and prime the head with ink. It probably uses about 25% of your ink but I think it might have been a lot less work than what I went through priming all eight lines manually.
Another point is your maintenance station. How old is it? When you do a cleaning the head is parked on a seal and then a pump sucks ink through the head. If that seal is leaking for any reason the pump will be sucking air and not pulling any ink through the head or lines. That is another reason I like to keep my covers off because it makes it very easy for me to keep that seal clean.
One thing I forgot to ask. Are the other three colors printing perfectly??

Melissa Keuhs

In retrospect... after I replaced the head I probably should have just performed a "Flush" which is what happens when you get a new printer. They have cleaning solution in the lines and the flush uses ink to flush the cleaner out of the lines and prime the head with ink. It probably uses about 25% of your ink but I think it might have been a lot less work than what I went through priming all eight lines manually.
Another point is your maintenance station. How old is it? When you do a cleaning the head is parked on a seal and then a pump sucks ink through the head. If that seal is leaking for any reason the pump will be sucking air and not pulling any ink through the head or lines. That is another reason I like to keep my covers off because it makes it very easy for me to keep that seal clean.
One thing I forgot to ask. Are the other three colors printing perfectly??
The red and yellow were printing good when this all stopped working all started with blue and black issues. Maintenance station is atleast 2 years old. Can't say for sure how old as I bought the printer used 2 years ago. Unfortunatly no real direction from previous owner. Up until 2 weeks ago everything was fine. I was out of town for 5 days but had it set to clean daily. Was able to print for 2 weeks then caos started.

David40

That's long time without a new station. Besides the automated machine cleanings have you been following the regular maintenance using swabs with solvent and cleaning the wiper and parking seal etc after every use?

Melissa Keuhs

That's long time without a new station. Besides the automated machine cleanings have you been following the regular maintenance using swabs with solvent and cleaning the wiper and parking seal etc after every use?
Yes have been performing regular maintenance. Would the station cause ink to not pull thru the hoses.