• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help pricing these tank wraps???

ElijahDion

Curious on how much people would charge to install per sq ft for something like this? And what material would you suggest?

I have 4 large. 26’ long. 9’ H and 9’ wide

2 small. 10’L, 6’H, 7’ W

These will all be stripped of existing graphics. They want white gloss wrap, NO graphics, logos will go on afterwards on sides. They had others painted but these are leased so no painting allowed.

Attachments

• IMG_4379.jpg
    IMG_4379.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 304
  • IMG_4380.jpg
    IMG_4380.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 183

ToneCustomSigns

I would use Arlon 6100 with 3270 laminate (or similar as long as it's removable) or just a plain white color change vinyl (no lam needed). See which one is more cost effective for you or what's more readily available right now. Then mark up the material according to whatever your normal mark up is. The install is a different ball game. I estimate how long something is going to take and charge an hourly rate. Make sure you remember to include your set up time as well.

ElijahDion

I would use Arlon 6100 with 3270 laminate (or similar as long as it's removable) or just a plain white color change vinyl (no lam needed). See which one is more cost effective for you or what's more readily available right now. Then mark up the material according to whatever your normal mark up is. The install is a different ball game. I estimate how long something is going to take and charge an hourly rate. Make sure you remember to include your set up time as well.
How much do you charge per sq ft on wraps?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'd be at about $8.00 $8.85 a square foot solid color using 3M 2080 (pre-pandemic). 7-year vertical & 2-year horizontal warranty for most climate zones.....
I'd talk him out of doing all the detail bits - spine on the top, the framing around the valve areas and just wrap the tube down to the weld line to avoid all the bracing.
The cleaning and prep - separate charge. Fleet guys here use Aluma-brite (I think) as the last step before us starting the wrap to clean up the areas we won't be covering.

Last edited:

Palmetto Joe

If your going to put reflecting vinyl on...you have to back it with regular vinyl ..it will hold the reflecting vinyl together and not crack in the future

jfiscus

Rap Master
I'd use a 2080 white. Be careful stripping/installing these though as they hold airplane fuel, so torches are a no-go.
Every time we've done these type of trucks they have to be done outdoors on-site, so you might want to figure that added hassle into the equation.

Last edited:

ToneCustomSigns

How much do you charge per sq ft on wraps?
Similar to what GAC05 mentioned, $8.00-$9.00/sqft seems fair. I would see what vinyl I can get and price it accordingly. (2080 may cost more) For the install, you need to be competitive in your market. I charge $125/hr for on site installs. That's me and a helper. I take into consideration set up time, prep time and install and clean up.

Billct2

We use 3M 2080 white gloss color wrap for something like this. Like was mentioned, I would discuss skipping the more difficult sections to save time ($). It's a commercial truck and if it's mostly white some raw metal will look fine. Important to clean well before install. I don't have a set raet, once I know what we're doing I figure the material and time and add the PITA factor and that's the price.