• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need HELP! Roland vg540

fastafdesigns

We bought a new Roland VG540 from our local dealer about 6 months ago. Have had nothing but issues since purchasing it. The print is good but it won't contour cut to save its life. Way off on crop mark and print cut. Have contacted my dealer and they send a tech out multiple times and it works decent for 2 or 3 days then right back to where we started. So hundreds of dollars in lost material and I'm still in the same situation. We contacted our dealer yet again today and they are sending another tech out AGAIN. Now another problem has started it will not cut consistently throughout a job without putting a ton of downforce on the blade. Test cut is perfect everytime and then halfway through a job it doesn't cut through anymore. Blades have been changed numerous times as well. When we called this time about this we were told user error even though for the past 5 months it had been cutting through the material without issue. So yeah I guess it's user error. All in all I wouldn't recommend Roland or our dealer to anyone. Save yourself alot of time money and headach and stay away!!!! If anyone has any suggestions how to get this resolved please reach out.

bayviewsignworks

Sound lemony to me. We had some start-up issues with ours. Something about the dampers not filling properly. Went through an entire set of inks cleaning and leaking...

Cutting - I did have some paper, or backing, that had got ground into, under, one of the feeder wheels on the lower roller. Try using fewer, or two, rollers and make sure both rollers, upper and the steel lower, are clean.

Cutting pressure, that's a weird one.
I do a lot of contour cutting and the VG- cut strips are a little soft and don't last as long as the SP-s did.

A

I don't know if you ever got this fixed, but we had the same issue for almost a year and it ended up being a sensor in the head carriage that had a loose wire, or the sensor itself had come loose, they replaced the sensor did a cut calibration and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

I will follow this up with some more info, there is a voltage regulator that the sensor connects to, that may not be working right. My tech called me back and said he had to recalibrate it on ours. If the voltage isn't right the sensor can't read the cut marks properly.

Edited

Last edited:

fastafdesigns

I don't know if you ever got this fixed, but we had the same issue for almost a year and it ended up being a sensor in the head carriage that had a loose wire, or the sensor itself had come loose, they replaced the sensor did a cut calibration and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

I will follow this up with some more info, there is a voltage regulator that the sensor connects to, that may not be working right. My tech called me back and said he had to recalibrate it on ours. If the voltage isn't right the sensor can't read the cut marks properly.

Edited
They couldn't figure it out they ended up replacing our machine. Works great now has had to recalibrated for crop cut marks but that's it. All they could figure out is it was something from versaworks to the machine