• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Need Help with Laminator Purchase

SignCorp Inc.

Hello All, After some extensive research I purchased the Royal Sovereign RSC-1651LSH 65” heat assist laminator. They had special pricing at $4,950.00. (Normally $7,450.00 at Grimco) Saw pros and cons on many models but at this price point it seemed the way to go. I will post more information as we use the machine. Thanks for the feedback.

rjssigns

The Mimaki is made by GBC, and sell for under $6000. There was one of these on ebay with a starting bid of $3200. Nobody bid. My contacts at Circle R can not answer even the most basic question on these laminators.

Your supplier being clueless regarding equipment is not a knock against the laminator.(I'd look for a new supplier BTW). GBC rebrand? Not sure about that, but whatever.
Nobody bidding has nothing to do with quality either. Been this pandemic thing goin' on and a lot of folks aren't buying anything or have gone out of business.