• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with Letters

captainron19

Got a friend that asked me to help her make a logo and the logo is going to contain the 2 letters PN on it but she wants the letters to look like Pool Noodles. Anyone have any tips on how I can accomplish this in Corel Draw in order to get the right texture and shape?

letterman7

Pool noodles are straight, usually. Start with a font that has rounded edges, like Arial Rounded and add a vector fill of something like "sand" for the dimples. All readily available in Corel depending on which version you have. All depends on how you're going to produce it though.. printed or cut?

rob nichols

Got a friend that asked me to help her make a logo and the logo is going to contain the 2 letters PN on it but she wants the letters to look like Pool Noodles. Anyone have any tips on how I can accomplish this in Corel Draw in order to get the right texture and shape?

something like this? I produced this in CD, very quickly with textures and basic shapes.

Attachments

• Pool Noodles.jpg
    Pool Noodles.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 309

captainron19

something like this? I produced this in CD, very quickly with textures and basic shapes.

I like that look and color but think it may look better if everything was aligned and not done crooked (which I am sure is the effect that was trying to be produced there) Would love to get a copy of that in Draw

letterman7

You need to practice more with Corel. What Rob did is very basic and easy to do. Basic circle shapes; rectangles, fills and fades..

captainron19

Thanks for the tips.... I fooled with some shapes and textures today and liking the effect I was able to produce. Any tips on how I can finish off the "P" - ? What I am looking for it to basically bend it in an arc to have one piece connected to the vertical noodle.

Attachments

• pn.jpg
    pn.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 301

Stacey K

I like making signs
The last noodle on the N needs one of the circles removed on top or bottom. I like the texture, it looks very much like the real thing.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
you should add in some kind of raster or vector shadowing to the noodles like Nichols did. Right now despite the round ends the noodles look flat especially where they overlap

myront

CorelDRAW is best
draw a curve and shape it as needed. Make it a thick outline then convert to curves. I use a macro to set the drop shadow effect but you can just use the drop shadow tool. Keep in mind a white shadow will only show if set to Normal instead of Multiply. Once you have the shadow set up like you want just break it apart from the curve you made and move it over top the noodle.

captainron19

draw a curve and shape it as needed. Make it a thick outline then convert to curves. I use a macro to set the drop shadow effect but you can just use the drop shadow tool. Keep in mind a white shadow will only show if set to Normal instead of Multiply. Once you have the shadow set up like you want just break it apart from the curve you made and move it over top the noodle.

Thanks ... playing with that now