• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Need Mimaki UJV55-320 reviews pros cons

Chase

New Printers for Christmas!
I’m torn have samples from the Mimaki demo center but having trouble getting user reviews.

We plan to print wall murals will need length accuracy and colors able to reprint weeks later and match.

We want to go 10’ but not at the cost of headaches I’d stick to the Colorado purchase decision for the same price.

Thanks in advanced

Chase

Love it from what I have seen and heard for a 25k and under printer. My budget this time around is higher so wanting something that can push more output, give us more capabilities and be UV.

CC-CMYK

Seems like if you have the space and budget the mimaki is the right machine. It would be great to have the option to print wide banners. I don’t know how mimaki handles there customers but I was a little turned off by the canon reps. Felt like I couldn’t get the answers I needed out of them. We were almost ready to buy at Printing United but Canon wasn’t easy to work with. We then had some time to think things over and decided to take a more budget cautious approach.

worja

The Mimaki UJV55-320 is a high-quality UV inkjet printer that is popular in the wide format printing industry. It is known for its fast printing speed, high resolution, and ability to print on a wide range of media, including clear film, paper, and vinyl. Some of the pros of the UJV55-320 include:

• High print quality: The UJV55-320 produces prints with fine details and smooth gradations.
  • Versatility: It can print on a wide range of media, including clear film, paper, and vinyl.
  • Fast printing speed: It has a top speed of 691 sqft/hr.
  • Long-lasting prints: The UV inks used by the UJV55-320 are durable and resistant to fading and scratching.
Some potential cons of the UJV55-320 include:

• Cost: It is a high-end printer, so it may be out of the budget for some businesses.
  • Ink costs: UV ink can be expensive, especially if you are printing large volumes.
  • Size: The UJV55-320 is a large printer, so it may not be suitable for businesses with limited space.
Overall, the Mimaki UJV55-320 is a high-quality UV inkjet printer that is well-suited for businesses that need to produce long-lasting prints with fine details and smooth gradations. If you are looking for a printer that can handle large volumes of printing and can produce prints on a wide range of media, the UJV55-320 could be a good fit.

Chase

Thanks Worja I concur. Do you have any feedback on the two ink sets 4 color dual cmyk vs 6 color cmyk Lm Lc? I don’t plan to use White since we have it on another printer.

I know there’s a difference but when I see the 4 color Colorado it’s hard to see any reason why I need Lc Lm. I’d be printing the 300x900 or 600x900

Attachments

• DCDC5C9E-6A4C-435B-8DE2-EAE81968D19E.jpeg
    DCDC5C9E-6A4C-435B-8DE2-EAE81968D19E.jpeg
    498.9 KB · Views: 91

worja

The 6-colour ink sets are designed to improve the color gamut and produce more subtle color gradations and finer details. They can be especially useful for printing photographs and other high-quality graphics.

Whether you need the additional colors offered by the 6-color ink set will depend on the specific needs of your business. If you are primarily printing graphics and text, then the 4-color set may be sufficient. However, if you are printing high-quality photographs or other images that require a wide range of colors, then the 6-color set may be a better choice. It's good to think about where you want to expand your business in the future and if you'd eventually have use for higher quality prints.
Thanks Worja I concur. Do you have any feedback on the two ink sets 4 color dual cmyk vs 6 color cmyk Lm Lc? I don’t plan to use White since we have it on another printer.

I know there’s a difference but when I see the 4 color Colorado it’s hard to see any reason why I need Lc Lm. I’d be printing the 300x900 or 600x900

Chase

Anyone else have user feedback on the UJV55 before we setup our new printer in a couple weeks?

Galaxycube

We've had ours for 5 years now. It's some piece of kit. Not a single head replacement, servicing can be done every couple of years and is cheap relative to the cost of the machine. Ink prices are cheap and there's some brilliant third party inks out there for it. We've been running non OEM for 3 years now with not a single issue.

Something's to watch out for is the heavyweight material bars warp over time and this causes feeding issues.

There's not much you can do about this as the price for replacement is expensive, we actually got ours remanufactured out of a heavier weight aluminium grade and it works fine now.

If you don't fix it does cause issues for building wraps as the length is correct but there are micro variations in positioning in the length when printing which means they don't line up perfectly.

Lighter rolls on the standard feed do not have this issue.

We went for CMYK only configuration so we get about 22 to 24 sqm per hour on average for banner / vinyl. Obviously is can go quicker depending on the pass rate.

Oh and the threads on the screws lighter weight media holders go relatively quickly so just just be aware you have to rethread these eventually.

Take care of it and it will last you a long time. I have a service manual for the international version if you ever need it.

Chase

Very helpful thank you! Do you recommend ventilation or filtration of the air in shop? We’ve been using latex for years.

Do you use any material loaders? We looked at some at PU.

More info on your non oem ink choice would be appreciated.

Galaxycube

No ventilation required for UV it barely gives off any vapour. It benefits from a high humidity environment to lower static but we are based in Scotland and it's basically either raining or about to rain so it's not really a problem for us. If you are somewhere drier like Arizona or Texas probably worth looking into.

We use plastigrommits material lifter
it's brilliant compact and easy to move around.

It's Nazdar inks currently, they are one of the big ones so quality is pretty much assured. Made in America as well which is always safer than going for something in made in China or far Eastern.