• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need new software and driver to work with Graphtec CE2000-60

markhoffman01

I have been using the Graphtec CE2000-60 for years and it works great, but the computer and harddrive died. I was using Cibercut. I have long lost any support discs and files for this program, so I need new stuff.
It haven't had much luck finding a driver. I do have several older computers that have XP if needed. Is there a good program that will work with this machine and how can I get it to recognize the cutter? Are there other drivers that work for this cutter? Thanks for your help.

Vassago

Most graphtec drivers should work as they usually create virtual serial ports. For them. Then any sign program will work - most cutters can default to hpgl, etc - or try more modern versions - just don't expect the fancy stuff to work.

WildWestDesigns

most cutters can default to hpgl, etc
If graphtec reads hpgl, could try to setup the cutter has a printer using raw hpgl as the format. I know my Rolands can parse the HPGL to what they need and run the cutter. From there, it's just File -> Print and send the vector file to the cutter as if it was a "printer".

The downside to this, is that everything would have to be setup by you in your vector software of choice. Overcuts, sequencing of the project, nesting, etc would all need to be done by you (or if there are plugins for your program of choice to handle that (or create your own actions/macros/plugins to automate this), normally I would suggest something like CoCut, but I couldn't find your cutter there, but I could have missed it).

Again, I would make sure that Graphtec can handle raw hpgl and parse what it needs and all you would need to do is set it up as a "printer". This is how I got my Rolands to run on my Linux computers (I do not run Win on bare metal (have older versions in VMs), nor do I run Macs in any form factor) and since there are no official drivers for the platform, this is about the only way that I could get it to work.

Vassago

Of course, you can usually use a newer cutter in the software.. Most of the time the commands sent are the same. Just find the next model that is supported - the worst it can do is not work