• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some help with vinyl cutter

JohnnyU

I'm new here and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a small company and only make ID sings for car clubs. Car club members like to identify their club affiliation on their cars and that's where I have found a niche.

My vinyl cutter is an ENDURACUT-PLUS 24 plotter. (Model No. BN-60) It was purchased in 2007 and the only problem I've ever had was a broken belt. Today is a different story...When I turned it on, instead of going through it's normal start-up procedure where all the lights blink on, the cutter indexes on the vinyl and then waits for the GO command, the green POWER light came on but nothing else happened.

No matter what I do, it just sits there. I tried shutting it down and restarting it but that didn't help. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to "Reset" the machine? Outside of buying a new machine, software, and computer, what else can I do?

In advance, Thank you...JohnnyU

Jackpine

I'm new here and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a small company and only make ID sings for car clubs. Car club members like to identify their club affiliation on their cars and that's where I have found a niche.

My vinyl cutter is an ENDURACUT-PLUS 24 plotter. (Model No. BN-60) It was purchased in 2007 and the only problem I've ever had was a broken belt. Today is a different story...When I turned it on, instead of going through it's normal start-up procedure where all the lights blink on, the cutter indexes on the vinyl and then waits for the GO command, the green POWER light came on but nothing else happened.

No matter what I do, it just sits there. I tried shutting it down and restarting it but that didn't help. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to "Reset" the machine? Outside of buying a new machine, software, and computer, what else can I do?

In advance, Thank you...JohnnyU
Contact Sign Warehouse for help with that cutter.

Techman

if it is a good cutter it will have a test function. Scroll through the menu to find it. Select it and the cutter will make a test cut. Usually a small square or something like that. If it does the test cut then you know the cutter is working fine. If it fails then you know the cutter is dead.

thewvsignguy

Take the top off so you can access the under side control panel, check to make sure all the cables are connected. Also check the main board connections in the bottom of the plotter, it might take some time but worth checking. The Endura cuts are re-branded GCC plotters, so if you need parts make sure it's for the Enduracut.

We had a main board go bad (bottom of the plotter) everything worked fine but X motor would not function. The Y was fine after switching the motors around, a call to SW and we had a new board for about $200, sure beats buying a new plotter!

JohnnyU

But still have a problem

Take the top off so you can access the under side control panel, check to make sure all the cables are connected. Also check the main board connections in the bottom of the plotter, it might take some time but worth checking. The Endura cuts are re-branded GCC plotters, so if you need parts make sure it's for the Enduracut.

We had a main board go bad (bottom of the plotter) everything worked fine but X motor would not function. The Y was fine after switching the motors around, a call to SW and we had a new board for about $200, sure beats buying a new plotter!

Thank you for your reply. I did everything you suggested...took the machine apart, checked the connections and everything checked out. I didn't understand the switching the motors around part. Got ahold of SW, told him my problem and he suggested a new mainboard. Purchased it (almost $400) and installed it. I now have a blinking red light (which I didn't have before) but it still doesn't go any further.

Techman

So, you did every thing the other guy suggested??? But completely dismissed what I offered?

Did you find the test function so you can maybe get an educated guess as to what is wrong?
Did you even look for it? Took it all apart. Called tech support.. spent 400 bux on it. And still broken?

Did you even try to find out if there is a test function on the control panel?

Did you try to find out what the error codes are? Blinking lights tell you a lot.

Can you move the head around with the arrows''''
Of course they sold you a mother board. That is what they do. Did they lead you through a test function before selling you that board?

Did you check to see if it is online or not?
I would wager it is not online and that guy sold you a un needed board.

thewvsignguy

I agree with Techman, try the test function on top of the cutter. If the cutter performs the test function then the cutter should be fine. It could be a communication issue in the computer or your software, If you have the manual it will let you know what the new error code mean.

http://www.signwarehouse.com/tech-support/manuals/EnduraCut Manual.pdf

If I remember correctly those cutter are controlled either with a serial port or a usb port.

Check your computer ports and cable to the cutter, it's not unheard of for cables to go bad.

Each servo motor just plugs into the main board, this is how we diagnosed that the board was bad.

Attachments

• Warning Lights.jpg
    Warning Lights.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 111