• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Some Help

Ok, it's been a while since I've been around, but I'm back. Not going to get into all I've been learning and all right now. I had a request the throw together a new logo for somone. Not making any money but I think it will be GREAT for practice. Class on Glass Window Tinting and Security Film is what it is supposed to say. I have a few ideas im working on and 1 I threw together to show you guys to see if I'm headed in the right direction. Any input is great. Tell me what you really think. I will only take it in as a lesson in logo design and hopefully better myself. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• proof 1 jpg.jpg
    proof 1 jpg.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 97
Here's a second one I put together realy quick. It would have alot of work if they liked it but its a rough start just to get the idea out there.

Attachments

• proof 2 jpg.jpg
    proof 2 jpg.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 69

Locals Find!

Ok, it's been a while since I've been around, but I'm back. Not going to get into all I've been learning and all right now. I had a request the throw together a new logo for somone. Not making any money but I think it will be GREAT for practice. Class on Glass Window Tinting and Security Film is what it is supposed to say. I have a few ideas im working on and 1 I threw together to show you guys to see if I'm headed in the right direction. Any input is great. Tell me what you really think. I will only take it in as a lesson in logo design and hopefully better myself. Thanks in advance!

Not a logo

Here's a second one I put together realy quick. It would have alot of work if they liked it but its a rough start just to get the idea out there.

All I can say is Ehh! Not really feeling it whatsoever.

Thanks for the input...when someone says "Class" what would you think of? I think of bentleys and high end cars. Ive been in the automotive industry too long apparently because thats about all the comes to mind. Any ideas?

Pat Whatley

Yeah, but taking the Bentley logo and rebranding it as your own is foolish. Stop trying to design toward what you perceive class to mean and design toward the market you want to serve.

Locals Find!

Thanks for the input...when someone says "Class" what would you think of? I think of bentleys and high end cars. Ive been in the automotive industry too long apparently because thats about all the comes to mind. Any ideas?

When I hear class I think of something simple yet elegant. Try looking for inspiration by looking at classy brands other than cars. See how they designed their logos.

For example Coach Leather some of the classiest handbags and leather items in the world very simple yet elegant logo. Companies that have class usually don't advertise it using the word class. They just have it implied in their business and in their logo.

Attachments

• coach-logo.jpg
    coach-logo.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 64
When I hear class I think of something simple yet elegant. Try looking for inspiration by looking at classy brands other than cars. See how they designed their logos.

For example Coach Leather some of the classiest handbags and leather items in the world very simple yet elegant logo. Companies that have class usually don't advertise it using the word class. They just have it implied in their business and in their logo.

Thank you, I think this has helped alot! Im going to see if I can't try this again. We'll see what happends.

Jillbeans

Neither looks like a logo to me, just some typed text shoved into something else.
You need to be reading some layout and logo design books.
Wedding invitation script does not necessarily equal class.
Especially on an arc.
Love....Jill

signswi

In fact cheap scripts usually mean the opposite. OP, you really need to take some design and art history classes asap, see you in a few years.

I'm sure there's still a lot that isn't right with these but posting what I came up with and hearing what you all have to say is one of the best ways to learn. And I will in fact be taking art classes sometime in the future but for now I will have to be completely self taught, as I have 2 businesses and no time for classes at this point in my life. Can't wait till I can take some though.

Attachments

• proof 6 jpg.jpg
    proof 6 jpg.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 80
  • proof 3 jpg.jpg
    proof 3 jpg.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 66
  • proof 4 window.jpg
    proof 4 window.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 77
O, and I promise I was listening when you said that they didn't look like logos, but when I started I thought he wanted a logo then found out that it could be a logo or just a visually appealing image with his business name. Also, Jill, what was that book you told me to get. I had ordered one from amazon I thought but I don't think I completed my order because I can't seem to find confirmation anywhere? Thanks

mikey-Oh

Still no "logos" in the lot.
These look more like adverts, small spot adds in a magazine or banner.
A logo, is more of a unified idea or approach to a business. Think of the nike swoosh of FedEx, UPS, etc....
I suggest you go back to basics. Just a specific approach to said concept that will eventually apply to everything. Typeface/Image/or any combination thereof

To me, Darkside Auto Solutions has a a larger realm of fun possibilities :thumb:

Still no "logos" in the lot.
These look more like adverts, small spot adds in a magazine or banner.
A logo, is more of a unified idea or approach to a business. Think of the nike swoosh of FedEx, UPS, etc....
I suggest you go back to basics. Just a specific approach to said concept that will eventually apply to everything. Typeface/Image/or any combination thereof

To me, Darkside Auto Solutions has a a larger realm of fun possibilities :thumb:

Thanks for the input. I just can't seem to get my mind to click from website design and vehicle graphics to logo design. I'm gonna keep trying, just thought I'd throw these up and see what kinda input I got from them. Gotta learn somehow and it seems here is where I get the most valuable info. :thankyou:

mikey-Oh

No worries man, we're all learning here. That's what makes :signs101: special.
Through working in web and vehicle graphics, you've obviously dealt with logos. Try dissecting what you consider to be successful and eventually how it's been achieved.

Sometimes, for me anyway, it helps to look at inspiration to attempt to solve certain riddles.
Here's a few place with logos in abundance
Brands of the World
Logopond
Search google or bing for logo inspirations

Hell even the other end of the spectrum can help
Horrible Logos(actually these can be kinda interesting)
Your Logo Makes Me Barf

Keep at it and eventually you're doing it, then making them success.