• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Need some high tack decals printed for RTic metal can koolers

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
Hi, I need to get around 24 decals printed approx 3"x5".
My customer has some of those rtic metal koozies that he wants his logo on.
I'm presuming that a high tack decal will be the way to go, but I don't have any material and don't want to order a roll for this small job.

I could not for the life of me figure out what forum to post this in!! :banghead: :Big Laugh

rossmosh

You should have them laser engraved if you want it done "properly". You should expect to pay about $30/mug including engraving.

bannertime

I did 100 yeti cups with some IJ35. I still have three cups from that order. They are doing just fine. Proper way would be like a screen print or engraved, but not always the "affordable". We just made it understood that these would not last longer than a few months. My cup, that I use every day, is about 5 months old; it's still perfect. I hand wash it because you're not supposed to machine wash them any.

phototec

We use regular cut vinyl and bake it on and it holds up fine in the dishwasher and everything

According to Yetii and RTIC, you are NOT suppose to wash their tumblers in a dish washer, the heat can cause the cups to loose their vacuum seal so they advise to just hand wash only.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Sandblast etching is even better than laser etching. We use photoresist for such projects and we can get lettering as small as 1/16", but I wouldn't suggest lettering that small on brushed stainless.

JB

rjssigns

IIRC the 3M part number for high tack is 3690. You can buy it a yard at a time from Midwest Sign.

Fares Bayazeed

Depends, I might do it on clear vinyl from Oracal on a Gerber EdgeII. Keep in mind, these super Koozies are not dishwasher safe so there are a number of ways to actually pull it off. Personally, I would do it on any clear high-tack on my the Roland Versa Cam II and let the blades cut off the excess clear if we are talking 4-color. If you have a Solaris cartridge laying around that is how the label was printed (only on a white hi-tack).