• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Someone to Print White on Clear.

splizaat

Hey guys, my current print guy with a Roland XC540 doesn't have the capability to print WHITE on CLEAR stickers so I'm in search of someone to contract these stickers out. The problem is that without the white underlay print, I can't get the colors to pop off the clear sticker like I want to.

Basically it's a full color sticker on thin clear vinyl (Oracal 3651 is PERFECT) and would prefer someone with a printer that can print quality equal or better to a Roland xc540w!!!

Quantity: 1000

Dimensions: approx 8.5" x 3.75" (not necessary to cut into individual stickers as customer is putting these on product in the factory)

Target Price: Trying to beat their current deal of $.38/each retail

Please PM me with your printermodel, clear vinyl you use and MY price. I will sent artwork ready for print and paypal funds.

Thanks in advance!
Matt
motogfx.com

Sticky Signs

Have you tried double or triple pass printing on clear? It doesn't always look great but it depends on the colors and image your printing. Another option is to do double pass and click on the "return to origin" button and "print only"button. Once it returns to the begining, click on "print/cut" and turn off "return to origin". Now you've got 4 passes of color. You can do the same with triple pass and end up with 6 passes of color. Just a suggestion...

splizaat

Yes we tried a double pass, a majority of the sticker is actually CLEAR. On the right is a small around of black lettering. On the left is the picture of a GLOBE that has a darkblue (that gradients to a lighter blue towards the center) and the continents are a dark green and towards the center they get slightly lighter. To top it off, there's a flag coming off the globe that's YELLOW. This would pop just fine, but customer is applying the sticker to a dark grey piece of PVC pipe so the yellow from the flag completely disappears once the sticker is applied, but it looks great on the white backing paper :)

great suggestion though! thank you, we'll keep that in mind for future projects. This is a done deal as long as I can hit my target price I just need a printer that can do it :)

splizaat

My current guy was going to make the price work but we just can't get the colors to pop :( I don't expect to make a killing but I want to be a one stop shop for my customer since we do everything else for him.

EDITED original post to show actual sizing...it's smaller than I thought.

splizaat

Hey guys, my current print guy with a Roland XC540 doesn't have the capability to print WHITE on CLEAR stickers so I'm in search of someone to contract these stickers out. The problem is that without the white underlay print, I can't get the colors to pop off the clear sticker like I want to.

Basically it's a full color sticker on thin clear vinyl (Oracal 3651 is PERFECT) and would prefer someone with a printer that can print quality equal or better to a Roland xc540w!!!

Quantity: 1000

Dimensions: approx 8.75" x 3.25" (not necessary to cut into individual stickers as customer is putting these on product in the factory)

Target Price: Trying to beat their current deal of $.38/each retail

Please PM me with your printermodel, clear vinyl you use and MY price. I will sent artwork ready for print and paypal funds.

Thanks in advance!
Matt
motogfx.com

Edited actual size...smaller than I thought

ProWraps

ask fred. he did our white on clear branding decals for our wraps. great price, great service. i would look to no other.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
ask fred. he did our white on clear branding decals for our wraps. great price, great service. i would look to no other.

Not even. He's asking for 4 color process plus spot white at xc540 quality and for less than $2 a foot. My materials cost more per square foot than he has targeted to pay.

jasonx

I agree that price won't happen on an XC540W. Maintenance costs alone are in the 1500-2000 month range without payments on the actual machine.

Sign Works

You might want to price them screenprinted from Stouse but still to get that price you would probably have to do a quantity of 500,000 or more. I am kinda curious, I'll definetly check their catalog tomorrow to see what they would run.

PGSigns

I can do them on the Summa using thermal but like Fred can not get close on price. Stouse bay be able to screen print them but I don't think the price is going to get you where you need to be. Good luck and let us know what you find for a source that can get you what you need, it would be good to know for future work.
Jimmy

splizaat

Still needing someone to print these...customer said they'd be willing to pay up to .50 each as long as I CAN get them done...

If I rotate one of the stickers 180 degrees and puzzle it with the other one, TWO stickers becomes 8.25" x 5"...Can anyone come close to the target price for 1000 of the coupled stickers (2000 total).

This would be an immediate job...Doesn't HAVE to be on oracal 3651 - just something similar and CLEAR...they're prefer it to be thin.

PGSigns

At .50 each for the coupled sticker you are stil below the cost for thermal printing for the materials alone. I think Stouse and screen printing are your only option and you are not going to make any money at that. Not sure on the final use of these but they would need contour cuting and with material and time I will venture to say that thermal is going to cost three times what he is willing to pay and that will be your price before markup.
Jimmy

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Still needing someone to print these...customer said they'd be willing to pay up to .50 each as long as I CAN get them done...

If I rotate one of the stickers 180 degrees and puzzle it with the other one, TWO stickers becomes 8.25" x 5"...Can anyone come close to the target price for 1000 of the coupled stickers (2000 total).

This would be an immediate job...Doesn't HAVE to be on oracal 3651 - just something similar and CLEAR...they're prefer it to be thin.

Seems like you're going at this backwards with the client telling you the price. But here's the numbers doing it with this ideal nest you propose:

Costs Using the Cheapest Materials Available for a Gerber Edge:

5 Foil Colors @ 33¢ per foot = $1.65 per foot
Oracal 651 Clear Vinyl = .30 per foot
Labor @ $15 per hour per foot = $1.50

Total cost per foot = $3.45

Total Yield per foot = 5.5 units
Cost per unit before any profit (no allowance for errors and waste) = 63¢

Conclusion: Price demands cannot be met.

splizaat

I thin you guys are understanding me wrong. .50 per sticker...so 1.00 for the coupled sticker. if they buy 2000 coupled stickers...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I thin you guys are understanding me wrong. .50 per sticker...so 1.00 for the coupled sticker. if they buy 2000 coupled stickers...

Well you said TWO stickers becomes 8.25" x 5" which is 41.25 square inches. With zero gaps between you get a yield of just under 7 per square foot. On an Edge, if not other equipment, I never print and cut with zero gaps ... so call it a yield of 6 per square foot. At 50¢ each you are retailing for $3 per square foot. With an unadjusted for mistakes cost of $3.45 per square foot.

Your 1000 decals, with no allowance for waste, mistakes or finishing labor would cost you $575 to make if you owned and operated your own Edge and, for your trouble, you would have a check for $500 in payment.