• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need square footage help

formanek

Have a customer that lives about 300 miles away and wants a quote. Can anyone tell me the square footage of a 2012 dodge mega cab? Entire vehicle will be covered including mirrors. I live in bum-f**k no where and the closest dodge dealer is 45 miles away. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• dodge.jpg
    dodge.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 73

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Have a customer that lives about 300 miles away and wants a quote. Can anyone tell me the square footage of a 2012 dodge mega cab? Entire vehicle will be covered including mirrors. I live in bum-f**k no where and the closest dodge dealer is 45 miles away. Thanks for any help.

Why would you care about that? You should base everything, not the least of which is what you charge, for vinyl unrolled, not vinyl applied.

formanek

Why would you care about that? You should base everything, not the least of which is what you charge, for vinyl unrolled, not vinyl applied.

What? All I asked for is square footage. The guy wants a bid for how much it is gonna cost to flat black his truck. I gave him a square footage price installed. Now I need the square footage so I can give him an accurate price. Maybe I am lost.

rjssigns

I just bid a Sprinter sight unseen. They told me what year and model designation. Went to the Sprinter website got wheelbase and a couple other dims. Scaled from that. Not difficult just takes a little time.

2B

I just bid a Sprinter sight unseen. They told me what year and model designation. Went to the Sprinter website got wheelbase and a couple other dims. Scaled from that. Not difficult just takes a little time.

+1

we do this method quite often.
granted this is NOT an exact scale to design against but work good for quoting

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What? All I asked for is square footage. The guy wants a bid for how much it is gonna cost to flat black his truck. I gave him a square footage price installed. Now I need the square footage so I can give him an accurate price. Maybe I am lost.

Charge for vinyl unrolled, not vinyl installed. Is the difference betwixt the two not clear?