• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need substrate suggestions

7oaks

I need a substrate suggestion for a double sided sign 15 ft long and approx. 40 inches tall in the middle. Sign to be mounted between two posts. Vinyl will be used at this time. Sign is about 10 ft off the ground across a sidewalk. I have seen suggestions for aluminum tubing but was concerned about the contour of the sign. The original sign was 2 in cypress tongue and groove and fully painted but rotted.

Any suggestions.

Ken

attachment.php

Attachments

• k jpeg.jpg
    k jpeg.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 89
  • k jpeg.jpg
    k jpeg.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 97

J Hill Designs

length is going to be an issue for single piece construction...

if they want the same 2" thickness, you can possible use 2" HDO laminated with .040 aluminum, but again not sure if you will need to seam or if you can find 15' continuous .040 (you can seam the HDU no issue because its covered)

rjssigns

Maybe have a place like Peachtree make the sign. They can make it look exactly like the old sign. It will also have all the stiffeners and mounting points you spec out.

Might actually be cheaper and faster than doing it in house.