• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Needing affordable masking material 36 in wide

IDB Signs

Hey guys,

We are looking for a very affordable material to use to mask off large areas to prevent over spray. Would like at least 36 inch wide rolls. Obviously app tape would work, but for what we're using it for, standard app tape is a bit pricey. Does anyone have a source of maybe some self adhesive Kraft paper, or some especially cheap app tape? Doesn't have to be especially conformable, it'll be going on flat surfaces. Thanks in advance!

IDB Signs

That's about what I am needing, just with an adhesive backing, which I don't see anywhere. It will typically be on the underside of a part being sprayed, then removed shortly after.

bold_will_hold

That's about what I am needing, just with an adhesive backing, which I don't see anywhere. It will typically be on the underside of a part being sprayed, then removed shortly after.

someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think what I linked will be the "cheapest"
If you need full adhesive use "paint mask vinyl" which comes in rolls.
I use an Avery material that is yellow, also sold in white.
It has a very mild adhesive that does not leave any residue when removed.
Fellers sells the stuff.

IDB Signs

Check out carpet protection films. Might be what you're looking for: http://www.plasticover.com/carpet-protection-film/

Thanks! I think this checks all of our boxes and is considerably cheaper than app tape. The other paint mask vinyl on fellers would have worked, but it was quite a bit more expensive. And the Home Depot products don't appear to be self-adhesive, unless I've missed that?

Thanks again for the responses everyone!