• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wanted Neon Bending Equipment

Oren

Hello.. I am looking for some basic neon bending equipment that I can use to learn the art of bending glass. I guess a ribbon burner or crossfires would be a good place to start, but I currently do not have anything. My goal is to learn to bend glass to make sure it is something I want to get into, before I drop cash on all of the other items needed to process neon. Hopefully someone will have some extra equipment lying around to get me started. Please let me know! Located in Louisiana.

Bert Wondervan

Hello.. I am looking for some basic neon bending equipment that I can use to learn the art of bending glass. I guess a ribbon burner or crossfires would be a good place to start, but I currently do not have anything. My goal is to learn to bend glass to make sure it is something I want to get into, before I drop cash on all of the other items needed to process neon. Hopefully someone will have some extra equipment lying around to get me started. Please let me know! Located in Louisiana.

There is no neon bending equipment. This is an art work. You can only learn this in practice. Find a Glasblasser company in the sign sector and work there and spend at least 1 year..
View some videos on YouTube for this.

Oren

Bert, I am fully aware of that. I am looking to purchase used vs new, so that I can practice bending glass. There are many avenues I can take without having to go work in a sign shop. Thanks for your advice though.

Tfloraditch

Oren, The owner here was a major neon supplier in the area back in the day and still have all his equipment and lots of supplies. Private message me with your contact info and i will get him in touch with you.

Z SIGNS

I'm a tube bender.You don't need much to get started. Ribbon fire, hand torch,propane tank,mixers and blower (shop vac will work as blower) you can make anything with this set up. It's similar to learning a musical instrument. Practice all the basic bends everyday and you will get it. Doesn't take that long if you are persistent. Yes it's a skill and an art but with patience and practice you can do it.
Hope this helps
Happy tube bending

JohnP

Hello.. I am looking for some basic neon bending equipment that I can use to learn the art of bending glass. I guess a ribbon burner or crossfires would be a good place to start, but I currently do not have anything. My goal is to learn to bend glass to make sure it bending is something I want to get into, before I drop cash on all of the other items needed to process neon. Hopefully someone will have some extra equipment lying around to get me started. Please let me know! Located in Louisiana.
If you are still looking for neon bending equipment I have a complete neon plant including supplies and a set of training videos.
You can reach me at Paratore Signs Inc 315-455-5551 John

rdowns

If you are still looking for neon bending equipment I have a complete neon plant including supplies and a set of training videos.
You can reach me at Paratore Signs Inc 315-455-5551 John
I would like to see your equipment list if possible, as well as your selling price. Please feel free to email me at rdowns@gmail.com or reply here if you prefer. Thanks!