• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Never thought I'd be asking a plotter question.....

Shovelhead

Our 10 year old ANA Express plotter has expressed a desire
to retire. What model 48" Graphtec do I want and from where should
I acquire it?

:thankyou:

LightHouse

The FC is the pro series. I got mine locally from chesapeake graphics, but they can be had from beacon and other sources. Best idea is to find someone local to you that has a good service reputation

os101king

DONT BUY THE CE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's about all I know on the subject. One annoying thing about my FC 7000.... it's built like a tank all right, heavy and all metal. Unfortunately, the cutter assembly seems to like to loosen itself rather often. As in I have to partially disassemble the unit to release a couple screws, re-tighten and then I'm good... but only for about a month. Granted, the unit I have is a loaner from GRS in Pine Brook, NJ so it may have seen a hard life. Super accurate, easy to use and understand. Mine's a 54", the only 48" they make is the CE. Like night and day the two.

Short story long, get the 54" FC. It's not just a tank, it's a PANZER.

LightHouse

DONT BUY THE CE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's about all I know on the subject. One annoying thing about my FC 7000.... it's built like a tank all right, heavy and all metal. Unfortunately, the cutter assembly seems to like to loosen itself rather often. As in I have to partially disassemble the unit to release a couple screws, re-tighten and then I'm good... but only for about a month. Granted, the unit I have is a loaner from GRS in Pine Brook, NJ so it may have seen a hard life. Super accurate, easy to use and understand. Mine's a 54", the only 48" they make is the CE. Like night and day the two.

Short story long, get the 54" FC. It's not just a tank, it's a PANZER.

thats odd i bought mine brand new and havent had anything come loose or any problems at all. I was absolutley wowed at the speed accuracy and quiteness of the machine!

LightHouse

pop by might be a good idea.

watch the prices they hand out! local supplier here handed me MSRP, called another rep that i had never delt with and they were the nicest people i have ever talked to and had a great price. They also discounted shipping after just talking to me on the phone.

stickerguynyc

what part of new york are you in? I know a distributor in NY that carry them and have very good prices, cheaper than online by around $200

gvgraphics

I have the CE model and have no complaints. Works great and very accurate. The new FC models all have the Mk2 OPS system on them just like the CE series.

signguytom

I live in the Phoenix area and purchased a FC7000-75 from Interstate Electric in Feb. They are nationwide. Greggory also sells Graphtec.

Jackpine

Gregory sell Graphtec and are great with their customer service. Thy may have a distributor near you. Grimco is another "stand up" company that sells Graphtec with great sales support.

bluttr

... Unfortunately, the cutter assembly seems to like to loosen itself rather often. As in I have to partially disassemble the unit to release a couple screws, re-tighten and then I'm good...

Next time they come loose, try some loctite. They make a few different grades of the stuff... DONT GET THE KIND THAT REQUIRES HEAT FOR FASTENER REMOVAL!... Just get the regular, its the blue kind.

You wont have that trouble again.