• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New 1324x!

letterman7

I know, not big news since they've been out a while. But it's new to me, replacing my gallant but now defunct 1204 :) Anyway, since it's in the "getting to know you" phase, does anyone know when the "timer" for the cleaning cycles actually starts? I know how to set it up for 3 / 6 / 9 hour (or whatever you want) for the machine to turn on and self-clean if it's been idle, but I want to be able to time that. Does the internal timer start when the machine is initially turned on?

rjssigns

I know, not big news since they've been out a while. But it's new to me, replacing my gallant but now defunct 1204 :) Anyway, since it's in the "getting to know you" phase, does anyone know when the "timer" for the cleaning cycles actually starts? I know how to set it up for 3 / 6 / 9 hour (or whatever you want) for the machine to turn on and self-clean if it's been idle, but I want to be able to time that. Does the internal timer start when the machine is initially turned on?
I'm assuming a 1324X is the baby brother to my 1624X. If so here's how it goes.

6 hours is the default leaning and will run 1 liter bags dry in a hurry. Been there done that. Timer starts when the machine is powered up.

First thing to do is set it to short cleanings. Use the right hand button on the directional keypad to change mode. Lights will be in upper left corner.. Both of them have to be on.
Pretty self explanatory as it's all spelled out on the control panel.

Next you'll have to go into the main menu(really simple to access) and change the cleaning interval to whatever you would like. It's in minutes so if you're like me I stood there a while mentally calculating hours.

Since I wasn't a fan of hosing ink into the waste tank I set mine for long time between cleanings. Not telling you what it is since I'm not a tech. Suffice to say you'll get tired of wasting ink and do something about it. Figured if long intervals were good enough for my Roland it would work on the Mutoh. So far so good but if you change something and you monkey up your printer it's all on you.

Currently switching to OEM inks from the dealers branded third party. Why? Because I want to try OEM inks and they're 5 bucks a liter cheaper delivered to my door.
If you do a lot of printing see if you can get the bulk ink holders.

Almost forgot: If you have a power outage or some type of electrical blip it may reset to Long Cleanings. You will also want to check the interval in the menu. Even though mine is on a fancy surge/spike/whatever protector I still check it after a thunderstorm. Rarely have to reset but it does happen.

letterman7

I'm assuming a 1324X is the baby brother to my 1624X. If so here's how it goes.

6 hours is the default leaning and will run 1 liter bags dry in a hurry. Been there done that. Timer starts when the machine is powered up.

First thing to do is set it to short cleanings. Use the right hand button on the directional keypad to change mode. Lights will be in upper left corner.. Both of them have to be on.
Pretty self explanatory as it's all spelled out on the control panel.

Next you'll have to go into the main menu(really simple to access) and change the cleaning interval to whatever you would like. It's in minutes so if you're like me I stood there a while mentally calculating hours.

Since I wasn't a fan of hosing ink into the waste tank I set mine for long time between cleanings. Not telling you what it is since I'm not a tech. Suffice to say you'll get tired of wasting ink and do something about it. Figured if long intervals were good enough for my Roland it would work on the Mutoh. So far so good but if you change something and you monkey up your printer it's all on you.

Currently switching to OEM inks from the dealers branded third party. Why? Because I want to try OEM inks and they're 5 bucks a liter cheaper delivered to my door.
If you do a lot of printing see if you can get the bulk ink holders.

Almost forgot: If you have a power outage or some type of electrical blip it may reset to Long Cleanings. You will also want to check the interval in the menu. Even though mine is on a fancy surge/spike/whatever protector I still check it after a thunderstorm. Rarely have to reset but it does happen.
Ah, interesting. Yeah, I imagine it's the little brother to the 1624. I'll have to check the short clean setting - I'm not sure what the tech set it at. Right now I have it for every 12 hours, figuring that since it'll sit overnight, it'll do a cleaning before I fire up the computer in the morning. Bonus if I get there before it actually does it. But it'll help on the weekends when I don't do anything.
And actually, I just got an email from the techs that I asked:

There are two timers on the printer, one when it is normal operating mode and one when it is in sleep mode. I have given details of both below. 12 hours of inactivity for both timers are ok. When you are not using the printer put it into sleep mode at a time when you are ok with it running every 12 hours from that point onwards.

1. Normal Operating Mode
    1. This setting is under Menu > Setup > Auto Clean > Wait Time
    2. This timer restarts every time the printer prints a job or when it is first turned on. If it doesn’t get a job within the amount of time the timer is set to it will run a cleaning.

1. Sleep Mode
    1. This setting is under Menu > Sleep Mode > Timer
    2. This cleaning mode only works if the printer is in sleep mode.
    3. The timer starts when the printer is put into sleep mode and when it reaches the set time it will run a cleaning.

rjssigns

Yeah, keep a close eye on the barf bottle. Mine was filling up in a few weeks with the factory defaults. With the way I have it now it takes a long time to fill. I emptied it yesterday, previous dump was May 20th.
But I do use a lot of cleaning solution. You will need to keep the lines under the capping station running clear. If they clog it will cause all kinds of issues.

Quick tip for keeping the lines clean:
While in cleaning mode fill cap top with solution and click the down arrow. This will pump the fluid from the cap top.
Pushing the down arrow again will get it to stop. Key is to get it to stop with cleaning solution in the lines.
Once you've done that do the rest of your cleaning then refill and pump out the cap top again.

If the lines aren't coming out almost see through you can rub them together. That will soften/dislodge the ink.

After cleaning and before parking the head fill the cap top with cleaning solution.

You should also run cleaning solution into the little V-shape notch in front of the wiper and in the sponge tray to the left of it.

This will ensure you won't have any clogs.

Personally I clean after every big run. It's usually the end of the day anyway and I know the printer will be fresh as a daisy the following morning.
Told ya I use a lot of cleaning solution. Not a big deal though since it's home brew.