• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New at this.

ERNMAN70

Hi, from Minnesota, been a member for a few weeks and before that a frequent guest. I've got a question about a cutter I picked up a few days ago at an estate sale. It's a pcut ct630(I know,I know)but for what I paid couldn't pass it up. ($50.00). My question is can someone that does have a pcut post a close up picture of how the slide is to be connected to the beam, it just doesn't look right to me. The slide travels the beam all right but the blade doesn't look like it will touch the vinyl to cut into it or the slide doesn't touch the two resets at either end if you move the slide down. So instead of stopping it just keeps trying to go. I'm new to vinyl cutting so have no idea how the slide is connected to the beam. I know the pcut is pretty much a hobby cutter but thats fine I need a machine that I can play around with.

Thanks for the help...:smile: Looking forward to continuing to read the great advice on this site...

SignosaurusRex

Welcome Aboard! I'm not familiar with your equipment, however I'm sure someone will be along before too long that may be.
:Welcome:

Ken

Well, I guess I'll take this one...

My "hobby" CT 630 has served me well for over 3 years..paid for itself long ago. On another forum I read that they are not all "Created" equally.
Your post ..Oh sorry..Welcome to S101.. Your post kinda makes me think the machine is not assembled entirely? Which is weird if that is the case.
Why do you think the cutter will not come down to the vinyl?
If it is assembled..have you tried it out? Is it a serial connection or USB?
Ok, I'll try to post a photo of the cutting head assembly.
Hang in there..
Cheers!
Ken

ERNMAN70

thanks for the welcomes! This cutter came only with artcut 2002 and one blade, no manual or any other paperwork. And like I said I have never seen a cutter up close so I will be winging it as far as operating it. I need to get vinyl so I can try the blade out. It should be a fun ride. I'm sure I will have alot of question from here on out.

Ken

OK..get yourself some vinyl and try it out.
Is it USB or Serial connection? If you bought it for 50 bucks...you're a thief!...lol.
There is a better software to use called WinPCsign. PM me about that or check it on the 'net.
But try it out first then..oh..check out www.signmax.us for a forum that is welded to these machines.
Cheers!
Ken

iSign

it's seial connection, can I use an adapter to use usb? What vinyl would u suggest?

in my experience, a lot of seriel/usb adaptors were for PDA's & don't work on plotters, but high speed communication ones are the ones to look for. I think Belkin makes both.

I also think seriel ports are very cheap to buy... even as cheap as the adaptor maybe.

Ken

If it's like a 25 pin plug -it's serial..don't bother trying to convert if you dont have to.
Cheers!
Ken

Urban Image

For just trying to figure out what the hell you're doing, Oracal is aiming too high. Toss a roll of Neschen or GMI on there.

ERNMAN70

Don't think it is a parts machine, it does turn on and the slide goes side to side. It just looks like it may not be quite on the beam right and not allowing the blade to reach the vinyl. Being an estate sale the family was just getting rid of items in their parents home. I think the slide got misaligned probably from getting moved around preparing for the sale.

Pro Image

Howdee from VA...........

The servo in the head pulls the blade down to the vinyl.......It will ride in the up position unitll the software tells it to cut...........Try pushing down(not to hard) on the blade holder and see if it will touch the cutting strip.........If it does I think your good to go.................

signage

Make sure the unit is off when trying to push it down so that it isn't powered and you unwind/distort the coil!

Todd M Castle

If you don't have any vinyl to test just take the blade holder out and run a test anyway. That machine does not have sensors to see if it is loaded or not so don't need vinyl to test to see if the holder will go up and down. Make sure you take out the blade holder so not to tear up the protection strip. As long as the hole where the holder goes moves up and down you should be good to go.

ERNMAN70

Hey Ken, was wondering if you could post that pic of your ct630's cutting head assembly. And I will get a pic of mine and see what u guys think. Thanks.

ERNMAN70

Any ideas?

Here is a couple pictures of the slider on the beam, to me it doesn't look like it is on the beam correctly. Any ideas or comments. I've got a few more shots if need to see.

Thanks

Attachments

• Picturesofcutter 008.jpg
    Picturesofcutter 008.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Picturesofcutter 003.jpg
    Picturesofcutter 003.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 127

mladams7259

Its definitely not on there right. The blade should be directly over the teflon cutting strip. The head should come right out. I cant tell you exactly how to make it go exactly where it should. But If it were me I would fool around with it very gently until I got it where it should be. By no means should you attempt to do it yourself if you dont feel comfortable doing it though.