• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Cintiq 24 HD Touch

WildWestDesigns

rcook99

Ok I have a question for both. I was looking at the link you posted Eric and was wondering what is the difference between the Cintiq and the Intuos? It appears the one is a monitor and the later acts as a mouse pad but shows up on your screen. Is that the case?

Thanks

WildWestDesigns

Ok I have a question for both. I was looking at the link you posted Eric and was wondering what is the difference between the Cintiq and the Intuos? It appears the one is a monitor and the later acts as a mouse pad but shows up on your screen. Is that the case?

Thanks

The Cintiqs are pen input monitors. Although I think the 24 HD is also finger input, but I would have to look to make sure on that one.

The Intuos are minus the monitor. Now you can have it act as a mouse or you can have the set to your monitor to where one specific point on the Intuos translates to one specific point on the monitor(s), so it would act more like the Cintiq.

rcook99

The Cintiqs are pen input monitors. Although I think the 24 HD is also finger input, but I would have to look to make sure on that one.

The Intuos are minus the monitor. Now you can have it act as a mouse or you can have the set to your monitor to where one specific point on the Intuos translates to one specific point on the monitor(s), so it would act more like the Cintiq.

Mind you I had to pick myself up off the floor when I saw the price on the Cintiq's LMAO. Thanks for the break down.

WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns

I need a big screen though. None of the slate/tablets are large enough.

I only use the slate for travel purposes, it's about as big as the 12WX Cintiq.

Might want to try to find a 21UX on sale somewhere now that they are going to be phased out. Might be able to find a good one for a really good buy.

David: The slate does have a Metro-like GUI as well. It's ok, but I sure don't like the idea of still having to deal with that type of interface on a desktop. I'm either going to hold off on 8 until they refine that or wait until the next OS that will hopefully either have just a mobile version or the ability to totally turn off the mobile interface depending on the application.

CheapVehicleWrap

The 21ux is prefered by many over the newer one. You're not going to find one cheap, unless I part with mine and that's not happening. The price is worth it for many of you, especially you Doctor.

MichaelAlmand

The 21ux is prefered by many over the newer one. You're not going to find one cheap, unless I part with mine and that's not happening. The price is worth it for many of you, especially you Doctor.

How do you like the screen with all the scratches? I had a bunch within the first month using a felt nib by the way. So I pulled of the non glare coating... then sold it. Going to get get the 24HD but I am trying to find out if they fixed the screen coating..

WildWestDesigns

How do you like the screen with all the scratches? I had a bunch within the first month using a felt nib by the way. So I pulled of the non glare coating... then sold it. Going to get get the 24HD but I am trying to find out if they fixed the screen coating..

Don't have any scratches and I use the nibs that came with the pens (airbrush and regular pen). I'm going on two years with this particular Cintiq. It's possible that you got a bad one, or I lucked out and got a good one.