• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Cintiq 24

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Just found this by accident. Did not even hear about it till now

http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Cintiq/Cintiq24HD.aspx

It does not appear to swivel. I have never used a Cintiq but when I have seen it used i can see where a swivel left/right would be helpful

Too bad they can't figure out how to bring down that price, ouch

I'm a lefty, when I draw, I don't arch my wrist, I rotate the page at a awkward angle, so this tablet might be hard for me to use, but I want one. I have used the 21UX and it rotates.

I saved up for the 21UX but might try out that 24", just pondering which computer to get.

artbot

i don't think you are supposed to swivel the tablet. you just rotate the canvas with the dial at the edge. i have the intuos4 extra large. the whole thing is 24.5" x 18". when you are doing crosshatchy stuff you just dial in the right canvas angle and your monitor images rotates to match the dialed adjustment. to me the rotate canvas feature is the best thing about the tablet. i don't know if i'd like using a cintiq. the hand/eye connection between a massive tablet and the monitor is to me better because you do't have your stupid arm visually in the way of your piece.

WildWestDesigns

What do you want for your outdated 21UX?

Should be real cheap being it is outdated;)

It doesn't take long before the sharks start coming out does it?

As much as I like upgrading my toys when new versions are out, the Cintiq is one of those that just doens't fit that rotation as quickly.

i don't know if i'd like using a cintiq. the hand/eye connection between a massive tablet and the monitor is to me better because you do't have your stupid arm visually in the way of your piece.

I guess it would depend on the person, but to me it seems more natural when I'm doing drawings or digital paintings. Having the arm up there doesn't bother me at all.

I could see how the Vector Doctor could really get a benefit from it versus using the Intuos(I think that's what he has now). I've had to use for that type of work when I get sent jpgs for doing embroidery digitizing.

WildWestDesigns

When I got my Cintiq 21UX I actually ordered this time last year and didn't get it til early spring of this year.

I could have gotten the 13"er right then and there, but I'm glad I held out of for the 21"er.

signage

It doesn't take long before the sharks start coming out does it? No :Big Laugh

As much as I like upgrading my toys when new versions are out, the Cintiq is one of those that just doens't fit that rotation as quickly.
You said it so I had to ask :omg::ROFLMAO:

:Oops:

ProColorGraphics

I would NOT go with the smaller one. That is what I started out with and wanted the new one right away. I have the older 21UX and was thinking of getting the new model. I am glad they were always out of stock now. I did see where they were available on the Wacom site site for about a day or so before they went on backorder. The only bad thing I have to say is that now I am addicted to it! I can work so much faster on it compared to a mouse or even the Intuos 4 that I have. I definitely highly recommend getting one if you can and when/if they come back in stock.

WildWestDesigns

I can work so much faster on it compared to a mouse or even the Intuos 4 that I have.

I've never had much luck with my Intuos 4. I have the one with bluetooth and it was always dropping drivers, dropping the bluetooth connection that I finally just gave up on it. That was before I got the 21UX that I have now though.

I have an Intuos 3 that is bigger then the 4 that I have, but much more stable and I use that when I'm on the road. Plus I have more pens for the Intuos 3 (art, airbrush, and classic) versus 4 and the Cintiq(which use the same ones; classic and airbrush, art as far as I know is no longer offered for the newer models).

CheapVehicleWrap

Notice how long the new 21ux was on the market before this new 24"? If you do a little research you'll see that the older 21ux is still in demand, more so than the new buy many. Quite honestly the 21 is a pretty big tablet, 24 might be overkill.

Artbot, if you see the videos of experienced artists rotating the display you'll understand why it's an import feature.

artbot

i've seen them rotate etc. i just dial with my left index finger and my 24" monitor/canvas rotates to match my drawing angle. i rarely have my canvas angle at 90 degrees when working. the piece is usually at about 60 to 45 and often upside down. i'm not assuming this is a better set up than a cintiq, but it's cheap and allows for a relaxing heads up experience and the hand to monitor distance is 1:1.

Attachments

• rotate canvas.jpg
    rotate canvas.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 75

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The Cintiq 24" is a pretty expensive. And pretty heavy. 65 pounds. It weighs more than the guitar tube amp head on my Carvin full stack.