• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New company. new to the business

mortil

So. ive got my papers through the swedish registration and now im thinking about starting small as i have another work 07-16 i planned to work with my company after that. and weekends.

i got a plotter that works well.
2 Computers (one for designing/graphics and one for the plotter)
a light-table (homemade but good) with transfer film holder/roller
a bunch of vinyl rolls 1220mm wide.

ive done lots of mounting stickers and window tint on my day to day job. this was why i was thinking of going in to vinyl/signmaking as i always found it fun and i have a education in printing/editing (mostly newspaper presses and such things) but always found stickers (plotterd ones) fun and nice to work with.

now i want some tips from you guys what i should get more or what i need ?

have lots of mounting tools in my workcar and the nicest girl thats always helps me :p

remember i dont have any plans to take of in big scale now . but i hope it will be one thing i can live on in a couple of years.

please TIPS ..

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Get a premium subscribtion and you will get all the info you need. Welcome from California! You wont get too much of a response from the guys you need it from and a premium subscription will at least show these guys that your serious about what your doing. Just my opinion.

petesign

Get a premium subscribtion and you will get all the info you need. Welcome from California! You wont get too much of a response from the guys you need it from and a premium subscription will at least show these guys that your serious about what your doing. Just my opinion.

^^^ What he said.

You have to decide what kind of operation you want to be I guess. A hobby shop, or a serious one? And if you plan on being serious, I wouldn't plan on making a profit for a year or two.

mortil

^^^ What he said.

You have to decide what kind of operation you want to be I guess. A hobby shop, or a serious one? And if you plan on being serious, I wouldn't plan on making a profit for a year or two.

Im serious about going serious . been doing this for a year now for friends and some things for my work. also been detailing cars as hobby. but now im dead serious .

actually i didnt know there was a premium subscription . must have missed that . and that blows :D

and i know i wont make a fortune first two years. also the tax regulations in sweden is more like "oh you want to have your own company so you can cheat from tax" and. well . the true story is that if you want to make money at all in sweden you have to cheat and be a little naughty.

mortil

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people.

My ancestors are Swedish.

Could guess this :D

Sjoquist would be Sjöquist in swedish. and if you turn that over from plain swedish (almost) to english it would be like Laketwig :D

the qu in sjoquist is here spoken like kv so it would be sjökvist but in names it sounds better with quist

Gino

Premium Subscriber
well then . went premium now :D

Okay, now send me a certified check for $167,455.00 made out to my name and we'll include that as your first installment of 6 easey payments to becoming a full fledged sign person. If you want to make one lump payment, just make it for an even $1,000,000.00 and you'll have your paperwork, squeegee and membership pin card for SignMakers Will Travel within two weeks. Being from Sweden, It might only take 10 days on account of.

1975_abba_w_swedish_flag.jpg

Tack så mycket.

mortil

Okay, now send me a certified check for $167,455.00 made out to my name and we'll include that as your first installment of 6 easey payments to becoming a full fledged sign person. If you want to make one lump payment, just make it for an even $1,000,000.00 and you'll have your paperwork, squeegee and membership pin card for SignMakers Will Travel within two weeks. Being from Sweden, It might only take 10 days on account of.

View attachment 59514

Tack så mycket.

.... But. here in the civilized world we dont use checks anymore ;) they are way to insecure. ;)

That pic was a little fagish, but they did good music.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
.... But. here in the civilized world we dont use checks anymore ;) they are way to insecure. ;)

That pic was a little fagish, but they did good music.

Okay then. Just plan a trip here to Pennsylvania and bring cash and we'll call it a good show, but to save you money..... bring it all at once so you don't spend too much on 6 separate airfares. Also, I'll buy ya two hot dogs, a 'Special' burger and American beer while you're here. I'll splurge. Ask anyone from this site that was at our mixer last year about Johnny and Hon's famous food. Ahhhh.... I'm getting hungry now. :munchie:

mortil

Okay then. Just plan a trip here to Pennsylvania and bring cash and we'll call it a good show, but to save you money..... bring it all at once so you don't spend too much on 6 separate airfares. Also, I'll buy ya two hot dogs, a 'Special' burger and American beer while you're here. I'll splurge. Ask anyone from this site that was at our mixer last year about Johnny and Hon's famous food. Ahhhh.... I'm getting hungry now. :munchie:

Why bother take it all at once. much nicer to get out traveling 6 times instead of 1 :D

american beer. that was the thing that was like having sex in a canoe. really close to water ;) but the burger feels quite tempting actually ;)