• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Corel User

tzn_motorsports

I am VERY new to Corel. I am using the trial version to see if I will like it. I am having a problem that I am sure is somthing simple. I created a text with outline. I tried to copy and paste it into Flexi so that I can cut it. (I know that Corel will cut, but I am not to that point yet) When I pasted it into Flexi it looks like a spider web in the outline. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

ChiknNutz

My question is, why are you trying to create in Corel, then bring into Flexi? If you're using Flexi, then why not make the text there?

Beyond that, I would assume it would be that Flexi doesn't like the code used to create an outline. Try making the outline an object instead of an outline (Arrange, Convert Outline to Object). You'll also want to delete the now separate centerline of what used to be an Outline (use ALT to select it under the converted Outline. Depending on the exact effect you're going for, the Interactive Contour may be a better fit, but that's just a guess mind you.

tzn_motorsports

I only have FlexiStarter and it cannot do outlines. I am going to us it to
cut until I figure out how to cut from Corel.

When I imported the image the outline went to HAIRLINE. Is there a way to do it so that the image stays the same?

Thanks, :U Rock:

Brad

Ken

Way back, when I had a Stika cutter I WAS able to cut directly from Corel.
My newer cutter and the versacamm cannot cut directly from Corel. Which is actually a backstep in that regard. Now all files from corel must be converted to .eps if they are cutting files.
You need to export as .eps ( in my case) to the rip.
Sorry, I have no experience with Flexi.
Ken

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
tzn_motorsports said:
I am VERY new to Corel. I am using the trial version to see if I will like it. I am having a problem that I am sure is somthing simple. I created a text with outline. I tried to copy and paste it into Flexi so that I can cut it. (I know that Corel will cut, but I am not to that point yet) When I pasted it into Flexi it looks like a spider web in the outline. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Before you copy the text from Corel do Arrange->Convert Outline to Object.

Outlines in Corel are not the same as outlines in Flexi. Flexi attempts to treat Corel's outlines as strokes, an entirely different animal, but ends up screwing them up anyway. Converting the outline to an object takes care of this. In general, basic objects work ok but certain effects don't copy/paste well.

A contour in Corel is much closer to an outline in Flexi. You can copy and paste an object with a contour from Corel to Flexi and it will do pretty much what you want.

2NinerNiner2

... and the versacamm cannot cut directly from Corel.
Ken

Actually, the SP-300 prints and cuts quite nicely DIRECTLY from CorelDRAW X3 using the Roland-supplied Windows driver. I use it all the time for quick, smaller jobs that don't need to be RIP'd. A bonus that I find on my set up doing it this way, is that the output colour more closely matches the monitor.

My tech had initially set up my system and neither he nor I could ever get it to function with the Windows driver. However, going through my install CDs one day a while back, I came across the drivers and wondered why Roland would go through so much trouble to produce them if they didn't work. So I set out on the quest to make it so. The "trick" that I "found" was that I first had to uninstall the driver install that he initially made. Then, going step-by-step AND IN SEQUENCE following the supplied Install Instructions, lo and behold, it worked! :) The "key" appears to be the order in which the driver is installed on the computer and WHEN the USB cable is hooked up to the SP-300 AND!!!! ...THIS IS CRUCIAL ... WHICH END is connected when! In other words, I had to have the cable hooked up to the SP-300 and THEN, WHEN PROMPTED, connect the OTHER END to the computer. Doing it the other way around (cable to SP-300 last) didn't work! Go figure! Ya gotta luv USB! :) But it works just fine and dandy...and comes in handy :) ((and to beat everyone else...yes, I am a poet and do not know it :) :)

2NinerNiner2

hmm... never heard of "DO2729OJ.EXE " either. I have downloaded, installed and successfully ran numerous WinXP drivers for Roland cutters, running directly from CorelDRAW 9, 11, 12 and X3. This is the one from their site that would apply to your PNC-1600: camm1_camm1pro_win2kxpv102.exe

echorcr

I have a Roland sx-15 and just bought CorelDRAW X3. I can cut just fine in Dr. Stika Plus but my cutter WILL NOT CUT in Corel. I have to copy and paste from one to the other and it's kind of a pain in the butt.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

THANKS.

echorcr

ok now I just put a hairline OUTLINE on my project and corelDRAW cut?!?!?!!?!?! What the heck is going on???? Is this a must for cutting in CorelDRAW????????

echorcr

And it's coming out all messed up. It has like 4 or 5 outlines. Is it possible just to cut straight from Corel here?

Techman

contact the Suma partner they have on cocuts web page. Do not call the other one. They will surcharge cocut an extra $100 bux.

Raniece

I used to make my own desings, in Corel and send them to a guy that had a cutter.
He told me to Make my design.
Ctrl A. which picks everything and then Ctrl Q which will convert the project to curves.
Ctrl A again and copy.
Open Flexi and paste.
vwallllahhh.
A cuttable project.
Hope that helped. I didn't read everything else that everyone sent, so I hope I'm not repeating.
Raniece