• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New DX5 printheads cause a line at 60cm

Ghost2501

more info

Hi guys, I run a t-jet3, not quite a wide format printer but its based on the r1800, I have just tried replacing 2 dx5 heads on it and they both print just black stripes, when I fit the old head back in, it work normally again. I have just spoken to a tech guy and he said that epson is now embedding coding into the heads in order to work only on the printer they meant for, which is a bugger for me because I normally use latter heads such as from the r1900 and r2880......
Can this gentleman that bought a card that solved this compatibilty problem give me some more info about it?
Maybe it could solve my problems too....

Thanks in advance
Mark

sublimationguy

card for JV5 ?

Hello guys,
can that "card" be used on Mimaki JV5 printers.

I saw on a clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cPLG2GiVKw&feature=youtu.be these cards are working on JV33 printers, but no info about the JV5 printers so far.

I think the Mimaki JV5 uses only IH47V heads, and JV33 can use the cheaper ones, so I was wondering is it possible to use the cheaper heads with these "cards" to work properly on a JV5 printer.

I have a converted Mimaki JV5 for sublimation ink, so I am wondering if the water based heads like these one
http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/epson-dx5-water-based-print-head.html
can work with the card on a Mimaki JV5.

If anyone has a clue, shoot, these could be the solution for the JV5 nightmares...

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Out of curiosity I emailed the place in that video...... they quoted me $180.00 shipped for one.

From what I could tell in the video the chip is stuck in just above/right of the dampers and looks to have a pair of connectors on each end. The 2 head cables connect to it and then a second shorter set of head cables to go the head.

stephane

Merchant Member
Hello guys,
can that "card" be used on Mimaki JV5 printers.

I saw on a clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cPLG2GiVKw&feature=youtu.be these cards are working on JV33 printers, but no info about the JV5 printers so far.

I think the Mimaki JV5 uses only IH47V heads, and JV33 can use the cheaper ones, so I was wondering is it possible to use the cheaper heads with these "cards" to work properly on a JV5 printer.

I have a converted Mimaki JV5 for sublimation ink, so I am wondering if the water based heads like these one
http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/epson-dx5-water-based-print-head.html
can work with the card on a Mimaki JV5.

If anyone has a clue, shoot, these could be the solution for the JV5 nightmares...

Hi,
Mimaki JV5 printers do not accept generic Epson DX5 heads because the eprom is different. When a generic head is installed, you get a 202 error.
You need to install an original Mimaki print head. For further information, please feel free to contact us.

sublimationguy

Hi,
Mimaki JV5 printers do not accept generic Epson DX5 heads because the eprom is different. When a generic head is installed, you get a 202 error.
You need to install an original Mimaki print head. For further information, please feel free to contact us.

Sorry to hear these,
I thought this card could allow the printer to comunicate with the printhead without knowing which head is installed.

I saw these "decryption boards" on alibaba, and when I asked them will they work on JV5 they said it will, but no ones proved it yet.

They send the video with a JV33 (probably old firmware) working fine with the "decryption board".

So...

inkmed

Hello Adam,
do the cracked cards fit to Mimaki JV5 printers?

Hi,

JV5 can only use Mimaki original head, DX5 head is useless to it, both old and new version.

Cracked card is new, we just test it on China printers and JV33, VJ1604, it can work well.
But it is test, we can not sure if it can work for long time.

Yesterday, I suggest one of our regular clients buy the old DX5 head first.
Months later, cracked card will been proved good or bad.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

fahad

Yes, 24" is about 60cm, the same problem that I run into. I've been looking into fixing the issue by reprograming the firmware but there's no hope so far. My tech guy got it to work without the line but the print quality is much worse.

Hi.

About your tech guy reprogramming the firmware, did it cause it to have any clashes with the OS/system. I am looking to make a little change in firmware myself on DX7. All I plan to do is change some text that appears and I'll appreciate your help on the matter. Can you advise how we can communicate on this matter.

Mine email is fahad.fahad@gmail.com

Regards

Fahad
+92-321-9444511

Janius

Works !

Hello, i have the same problem in a chinese machine of 1.60mt.
Thanks to you RG, i try this chip decoder to my printhead DX 5 (FY186000) and actually works, I have no problems with the lines verticals at 60cm, Print 1.60 cm withing lines :smile:.

Hope help this confirmation, if any have question of this chip, works fine, do not hesitate to buy from this supplier.

Iam From Santa Cruz - Bolivia and not speak english (sorry for my bad languaje).

Regards

fabiocrummy

Hello, i have the same problem in a chinese machine of 1.60mt.
Thanks to you RG, i try this chip decoder to my printhead DX 5 (FY186000) and actually works, I have no problems with the lines verticals at 60cm, Print 1.60 cm withing lines :smile:.

Hope help this confirmation, if any have question of this chip, works fine, do not hesitate to buy from this supplier.

Iam From Santa Cruz - Bolivia and not speak english (sorry for my bad languaje).

Regards

Hello! i bought a decoder board for DX5 printheads, can anyone tell me which is the P/N of the Epson DX5 that works on a Mimaki JV33? I specify that i need the solvent one. Thank you very much!

Petor

decoder buyed

hi, i buyed decoder but it burn mainboard , because in the instruction write to connect it in wrong way: they write to connect the printhead to input (up and down) connector, and pcb headboard to output (up and down) of decoder.
i connect it in the way show in the istruction but on first time after show "jv33 160" the printer turned off.
now the display turn on 1 second then turn off.
i think the problem is because pcb headboard was connect in "input" of decoder and "output" of decoder to printhead and not as they say.
now i think is same fuse on the mainboard to replace.
someone can help me?

dispen

Hi,

JV5 can only use Mimaki original head, DX5 head is useless to it, both old and new version.

Cracked card is new, we just test it on China printers and JV33, VJ1604, it can work well.
But it is test, we can not sure if it can work for long time.

Yesterday, I suggest one of our regular clients buy the old DX5 head first.
Months later, cracked card will been proved good or bad.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Hello eveyone,
We have 2 JV5's and 3 TS5's. I have to say that we can use F160 and F187 DX5 printheads. It does not have to be original Mimaki dedicated printhead.
We have been using this way for three years and I see that it is highly possible that people aren't mostly aware of that ability.
There is a guy who downgrades some kind of firmware in JV5 and TS5 so that we can use the heads shown below (without and kind of Decoder/decription.

Printheads for JV5:
IMG-20160322-WA0005.jpg IMG-20160322-WA0001.jpg IMG-20160322-WA0007.jpg

TampaVinyl

I've worked on DTG printers that use the DX-5 printhead, and this doesn't sound normal if it's happening on three different heads. Have you tried cleaning or replacing the Rotary Encoder? Sometimes you can get ink on it, or it can get damaged. If the issue is in the same spot every time, the Rotary Encoder may need attention.

PAVAN CHANDAK

New DX5 printheads cause a line at 30 INCH

I have just purchased new Epson DX5 print head It turns out that on the print, there would be an annoyig line at 30 inch, please let me know if you know of a way to get around with this issue.

eesanopi

Yes, 24" is about 60cm, the same problem that I run into. I've been looking into fixing the issue by reprograming the firmware but there's no hope so far. My tech guy got it to work without the line but the print quality is much worse.

Hi,

I have three DX5 machines, one JV33-160 and two chinese, in all the machines have printheads savaged from R2000 printers ($100 USD new), i placed a decoder card between mainboard (or slider in the mimaki case) to avoid the 60cm band, here a picture of board in the JV33 printer, aside the slider board, for mimaki need to use firmware V2.2.

Hope this information will be useful for you.

Regards

Edgar

Attachments

• IMAG2620.jpg
    IMAG2620.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 240

TheSFG

did this issue ever get resolved? I am planning to add another dx5 based printer due to knowing them so well and cost being relatively low to increase our production capacity and then eventually jump up to a jv300 in another year and keep the other two for banners decals etc. but if heads are still a constant issue I would prefer to know now