• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Garage!!! On its way

zmatalucci

I ordered my pole barn today. It's going to erected at my house for me to do my dirty work in. ie: carving & sandblasting monuments

It's 24'-32'-10' one garage door...2 windows....and one entry door.
I paid $5,194....and my friends and I will be putting it together....(we just finished one for my buddy, pretty easy)
I'll post pics when it's complete!

Attachments

• matalucci-pg2.jpg
    matalucci-pg2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 84

zmatalucci

It's all 6-6 post construction, with 2-4 purlins, sided with 29gauge metal siding. The roof consists of pre-engineered roof trusses with 2-4 purlins and 29 gauge metal as well. These buildings are rock solid and much cheaper to build than a conventional stick built building.

This isn't the company I used, but it's some info for you.
http://www.cbstructuresinc.com/about/dutchway-pole-barns/

Ruddbow

That is a great price. I built the same shop several years back. Of course I wish it was 3x the size. How much more for 12' or 14' height? I built 12' one of the best decisions I made. Would rather had 14' but found a steal of a deal on doors. I put 4 windows (wish I didn't) and put the big doors on peak ends. Did you put some floor drains in?

Attachments

• ruddbow shop.jpg
    ruddbow shop.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 87

Mosh

Sweet! We have a pole shed for our farm equipment, best value for the dollar!
Are you getting it insulated too? IMO the insulation pole barn companies put in is a little thin, so be ready to add a little for that if you plan on heating/cooling. Nice look on the design.

OldPaint

pole barns here .........cant be built. gota be 140 MPH WINDLOAD. i did mine for, to windload spec for $8400.00.
concrete and doors extra. 14 tall front, 16 tall rear.........24 x 30'.

Attachments

• building.jpg
    building.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 104

JR's

Zeth, that is cool. I wish we had some land to do that.
Only thing that I would reconsider or think about is the 8 foot garage doors.
You never know when you have a chance to do a semi truck. And then you'd be out in the cold or in the heat.
But it looks really cool and a fun project.

JR :)

zmatalucci

Zeth, that is cool. I wish we had some land to do that.
Only thing that I would reconsider or think about is the 8 foot garage doors.
You never know when you have a chance to do a semi truck. And then you'd be out in the cold or in the heat.
But it looks really cool and a fun project.

JR :)

I wont be using this shop for signs or lettering.. just tombstones.
My sign shop has a 14' and 12' door for trucks at our commercial location

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A friend of mine just told me he had one priced to be built for a 20' x 40' I believe for almost $20,000. He said F*** that and is in the process of getting everything he needs delivered for right around $5,000 also. He said between his two employees and a guy to put the foundation in.... it should cost him under $8,000. I think he has two garage doors in his.

Way to go there 'Z'

OldPaint

i got mine from www.steelbuilding.com but its not a pole barn frame.
as for painting the concrete floor, i painted mine after i had the roof and walls up, and doors hung. this way no chance of doing any damage. here is the floor 2 years after painting. this is a 2 part epoxy, 100% solids, self leveling paint. lot of prep before paint.

Attachments

• spearman 020.jpg
    spearman 020.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 85

CheapVehicleWrap

Cool deal! I assume you open blast those stones? So basically you have a 24'x32' blast cabinet right? Couple huge blasting rooms down the street from me. They bring huge tractors and beams in there to blast with a wicked high power blaster.