• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Heads - Can't get all nozzles firing

Graphics2u

Got a Falcon II Outdoor question. I am attaching a pic of the nozzle check I'm getting with one of the 2 new heads i installed. I have done many cleanings, I've pulled ink through with a syringe, I've soaked the head with a cloth with cleaning fluid on it, but this is the best I can get it. The other new one was installed as the black head and it is working perfectly. This printer has new capping station and wipers as of 3 months ago and all new dampers as of 2 weeks ago.

What can I do? Any suggestions.

Attachments

• nozzle check.jpg
    nozzle check.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 76

randya

I have never seen a wave in a nozzle check, and not for one nozzle, that looks really, REALLY odd.

It is possible that the head has some bad nozzles, happens on occasion.
Talk to whom ever you got if from and express the need for an exchange.

Graphics2u

Many Cleanings and flushed the head with cleaning fluid finally got it acceptable but stil not perfect. My supplier for that head said they would replace it, but that hasn't happened yet! Only been 6 months though, probably takes that long for a return authorization! :Big Laugh

lilb93

<P>I had the same problem with a roland head, which I believe is the same head on your printer. I used rubbing Alcohol in a syringe, removed the dampner and flushed it SLOWLY about 20 times. Then put the dampner on and parked it in the capping station. removed the tube from the capping for that head and used the syringe to suck the ink thru. did that SLOWLY about 5 times that did the trick worked perfect ever since..</P>

Stealth Ryder

I have never seen a wave in a nozzle check, and not for one nozzle, that looks really, REALLY odd.

It is possible that the head has some bad nozzles, happens on occasion.
Talk to whom ever you got if from and express the need for an exchange.

AGREED... Hey Randy, how's it going down there this week?

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
<P>I had the same problem with a roland head, which I believe is the same head on your printer. I used rubbing Alcohol in a syringe, removed the dampner and flushed it SLOWLY about 20 times. Then put the dampner on and parked it in the capping station. removed the tube from the capping for that head and used the syringe to suck the ink thru. did that SLOWLY about 5 times that did the trick worked perfect ever since..</P>

Are you talking about flushing the damper, or the actual print head?????

Randya...any thoughts on this?

My black print head is all roughed up now....75% of the head working...and its a newer print head...

Graphics2u

Are you talking about flushing the damper, or the actual print head?????

Randya...any thoughts on this?

My black print head is all roughed up now....75% of the head working...and its a newer print head...

You can do this. I have done this on occasion with some success. I would use regular Solvent cleaning fluid though, I think it works much better. Just be careful not to put too much pressure on it. Just enough so you see the cleaning fluid running out of the nozzle on the head.

By the way thanks for bringing this thread back to life after 6 months, My supplier that I bought this head from saw it and called me to arrange sending me a replacement! :thumb: