• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New iPhone back glass.. what sticks?

Joel golden

Hey y’all, been a while but I have a problem that you may be able to help on. On each new iPhone launch I have some very special clients who I design a new iPhone skin for. Well, I got my new 11 pro max and designed the skin... and nothing sticks to that back glass... nothing! I even broke out the reflective and started looking to see if I had any convex (I think that was the old MX stuff I used)...

It’s all solid color stuff I normally do but do y’all have any suggestions?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hey y’all, been a while but I have a problem that you may be able to help on. On each new iPhone launch I have some very special clients who I design a new iPhone skin for. Well, I got my new 11 pro max and designed the skin... and nothing sticks to that back glass... nothing! I even broke out the reflective and started looking to see if I had any convex (I think that was the old MX stuff I used)...

It’s all solid color stuff I normally do but do y’all have any suggestions?
Cast vinyls?

Joel golden

It has more to do with the surface energy of the glass and any adhesive trying to stick to it than the vinyl. I’m drawing a blank here!

Joel golden

So far...they are correct! I have a friend that applies silicone to an adhesive but it has to have a huge electrical charge on it as they flash it to give enough surface energy for the adhesive to stick... how can I tell my customers to electrify their phones?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
So far...they are correct! I have a friend that applies silicone to an adhesive but it has to have a huge electrical charge on it as they flash it to give enough surface energy for the adhesive to stick... how can I tell my customers to electrify their phones?

I'd be afraid a corona treatment might fry the electronics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona_treatment.

Might want to hit it extremely fast with an open flame, but that's also dicey.

JB