• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Latex Flatbed Info.

Quark

Merchant Member
That is why I came to Fespa. Again, nice printer.
3 and 4 pass washed out. No optimizer print not acceptable with durability and dot spread. Would have to buy 10 to compete with EFI.

HP’s marketing team is second to none IMO. $6 per 4x8 in ink is outrageous, but HP is not a printer company, but an ink company.

why is $6 per 4x8 - outrageous? 19c psf?

ChrisN

why is $6 per 4x8 - outrageous? 19c psf?

I find it amusing that they tout the low cost of operation. My ink costs over twice as much per liter, yet average ink costs run less than $0.08/sq.ft. per our RIP. Unless that $0.18/sq.ft. is with full flood white?

Quark

Merchant Member
i run few vutek's and agfa's in my recent past and always assumed about 15-17c psf for any type of decent quality at the end of the day

BALLPARK

Did I read the post correct about it being Six 4x8 boards per hour on CMYK? I've not had time to read into it as of yet. Just reading the notes from you guys right now.

I would think this is a step down to EFI or Durst when competing for production based on the price alone, but that number is over a decade old for production times from their competitors. I think the EFI Vutek H3 is popping out 60+ per hour & up to 109 with 5 head rows. I hope to see plenty of Vutek GS3250's hit the market after this summer as the big boys beef up their printer line-ups for the end of year by adding the H3 series.

Our decade old Vutek QS only takes about 6-7 minutes to print with no banding and we are printing 8 long, not wide. We only print in the production mode with light smoothing.

How many sheets can this new HP Flatbed produce per hour for production mode with no banding?

I'm happy to see HP break into the flatbed market with latex. I hope they keep improving like they have with their small format roll-to-roll printers. We love our latex, sure they have some issues, but what printer does not?

This printer looks like a nice option for the smaller mid range shops. I'm sure the prints look great and they will have it ready to put smiles on the faces of those lucky enough to buy it. I just wish it would have been able to print much faster to get some of the GS series on the market faster..lol.

BALLPARK

How will this printer affect their current user base of the Latex 3000+ Series?

Will those users see this as an upgrade as it is a hybrid or do you think those users are happy enough with the roll-to-roll option they currently run?

nate

This printer looks like a nice option for the smaller mid range shops. I'm sure the prints look great and they will have it ready to put smiles on the faces of those lucky enough to buy it. I just wish it would have been able to print much faster to get some of the GS series on the market faster..lol.

Knowing HP this is just the beginning.

Quark

Merchant Member
How will this printer affect their current user base of the Latex 3000+ Series?

Will those users see this as an upgrade as it is a hybrid or do you think those users are happy enough with the roll-to-roll option they currently run?

My understanding it is a 98” wide printer so it won’t matter to any serious 126” hp3000 users. It’s not an alternative, it’s a diversification

Quark

Merchant Member
those who saw samples - does the clear top coat makes the print feel and look different from the other roll to roll latex machines? Can you tell it is flood coated? and is the top coat required even if the new r2000 run in a roll to roll mode?

Christian @ 2CT Media

those who saw samples - does the clear top coat makes the print feel and look different from the other roll to roll latex machines? Can you tell it is flood coated? and is the top coat required even if the new r2000 run in a roll to roll mode?
I couldn't tell its there other than the ink is glossier. The point of it now is that it's selectable to aid in lamination, you turn it off if you are laminating and on if you are not (at least that's how it was explained to me).