• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Review New logo and website

ironchef

What do you guys think about our new logo and website. Theworldofsign.com
b927a19b911024f1fa8f720563f97c38.jpg
299d6b00b44c68850278d05b9eaed01f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ironchef

That's my mom, I gave the designer a picture of my mom when she was younger. She's the owner. I'm just the vp

wildside

I didn't go to the website. But the first thought seeing the logo was a foreign anti something group......

The logo should represent something, if you think it does, I am missing it completely. I would shorten the tag to color your world. Simple is better.

There is no shame in hiring a professional to design your logo, sometimes you will get so hung up on trying to make what you want perfect that you forget to make it practical or even useful. A professional designer can take your image to a new level without your own "ego" clouding the good of the brand. I learned this lesson many years ago.

The super hero character is a head scratcher. Not sure why or what the purpose would be with the other scheme of things.

You say this is the new logo. Curious to what the previous one looks like?

ironchef

I like the shortened color your world. Thanks! I did use a professional designer lol. But I get what your saying. For 20 years we've been using just a globe as our logo. Because our name is the world of signs. I wanted to use the cmyk colors and something related to the world/globe. The trinity symbol I chose well for one we are a Christian faith based company, secondly I like the trinity symbol. But I'm open to suggestions. The super hero. If you look closely has a utility belt with signs/wrap tools. And she holds a magic paint brush. She brings color to your world, fights crime(bad designs and poor quality sign work from the rest of Miami)

ironchef

I really like your website wildside. What do you use? We are using wix, for now.

wildside

We use our own hosting and design. Wix is a pretty poor choice in my opinion.

The faith based idea is fine. Not my cup of tea, most companies around here that push that do not succeed long it seems.

I would find a professional designer for the logo, you say you did, I would find a different one. There are several on this site and many more not on this site. You may spend $1000-$2000 or even more, but small investment for a 20 year old business.

I'm not trying to bust your chops, the logo and character do not say sign shop to me at all. The customer will not know what the tools are on the belt even if they can see them to tell what they are, the paint brush would indicate you specialize in hand painting.

sardocs

I don't want to discourage you, but I think Wildside is correct. The logo globe design looks like a Bio-Hazard symbol dressed in Pride Parade colours. I'd also like to see what you've been using as your logo up 'till the change. If you don't mind, please post it up. The poster of your hot superhero Mom is cool for an ad somewhere, but I don't think it says "We make signs!" all that much. I have a paint brush in my logo, but as mentioned above, I handletter and pinstripe quite a bit.

ironchef

We just used a Clipart of the world next to our name. I don't even have that file anymore. And I hear you guys. I spent months thinking about a logo that says we make signs and also ties in the world. This is the best I came up with. Also, I love super heroes and I think it's trending. So I don't think I went that far off.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We use our own hosting and design. Wix is a pretty poor choice in my opinion.

The faith based idea is fine. Not my cup of tea, most companies around here that push that do not succeed long it seems.

I would find a professional designer for the logo, you say you did, I would find a different one. There are several on this site and many more not on this site. You may spend $1000-$2000 or even more, but small investment for a 20 year old business.

I'm not trying to bust your chops, the logo and character do not say sign shop to me at all. The customer will not know what the tools are on the belt even if they can see them to tell what they are, the paint brush would indicate you specialize in hand painting.

Wix isn't a bad website builder. can be quite good. depends what you want.

Also i wouldn't use religion in your business or promote it unless you're a church. Religions and Business & Nationality and Business do not mix well together.
Yes you can put Made in (insert your country here) that's different.

ironchef

Well the trinity symbol is used in many different ways not just religion. And trust me I looked for other ideas. We also put the Christian fish on the corner of our business cards. It's who we are, I'm not going to hide it. We been in business over 21 years. You guys keep taking about picking your customers (if they want you matching a low ballers price) well if you won't do business with me because of my beliefs then I don't need you as a customer.

Last edited:

hcardwell93

Its very dated. It reminds me of Lisa Frank school supplies in the early 90's. I think the super hero drawing is good, but the background and text is tired and should be modernized.

visual800

I went your website and noticed your logo on someones apron and it was more appealing to me as a soild color. Your website was informative and not cluttered. It showed close ups of products and is very well done very nice pictures. I personally do not care for the solid CMYK look, nor the cartoon girl or font of choice being Serpentine. Once again my opinion, who cares. The website was very bright with those colors.

As far as WIX I got my website with them and its straightforward. Looky what I can do....done! I like WIX and I dont believe websites are like they use to be. Once aupon a time everyone thought "flash" and "animation" was attracting folks, I always hated all that. If I had to wait for flah to get up and running before looking at your junk I was out of there.!

ironchef

Thanks, yes I wish I would find the perfect font, if you have any recommendations I would humbly accept. Maybe the cmyk colors are a bit todo loud, I'll think of something for the next revision. Every major brand cycles their logo/look, like for example batman. I think I'm off to a good start. I know that the world with the trinity symbol doesn't scream sign maker, but really? What does? A monkey doesn't scream sign maker either lol

wildside

Thanks, yes I wish I would find the perfect font, if you have any recommendations I would humbly accept. Maybe the cmyk colors are a bit todo loud, I'll think of something for the next revision. Every major brand cycles their logo/look, like for example batman. I think I'm off to a good start. I know that the world with the trinity symbol doesn't scream sign maker, but really? What does? A monkey doesn't scream sign maker either lol

i don't think i would try and throw me under a bus.....

We do not have a "monkey"...What we do have is a very memorable brand, very hard to miss. Coupled with our sign, vehicles, and all marketing we do, it is very easy to see and notice and most important, remember.

The logo does not have to say sign maker necessarily, but it does have to grab attention and keep the attention longer than trying to figure out what it is your looking at before your mind dismisses it permanentely.

ironchef

Lol sorry man, it's just a joke. I like the monkey. It is memorable. I had a dream last night I was in a jungle safari and that freaking monkey came at me and gave me a cool looking banner. Lmao